Headcanon #7

Warning mentions of death, suicide attempt, and sexual assualt

Nightmare has Dissociative Identity Disorder. He is the host, the person in control the most.
However, he is not the original host, and is aware of the others existence however is not able to enter the inner world as often as the others, and has limit communication to the other's, and doesn't know much about them.
The original host had gone dormant long ago, and rather vanished, whom Nightmare had taken the name of. However, most of them have the original's memories.
In total, the entire system has 5 people.

The co-host's name is Light. Light is a ghost, coming from a near death experience, more specifically a suicide attempt, when Nightmare at the apple. Light is 30, a cis female, and weighs is 200 pounds, and is 5'11 feet tall, and is Native American. Light is slim, having more masculine features, and has a Canadian accent. Light is an ex-prosecutor, and now is a physical protector in the system, where she takes care of the body in physically harmful situations.

Max is a child alter, and was one of the first alters created. Max came from a series of sexual assualts. Max is 4, when the assualts began, and is a trauma holder. He is a human alter, being 80 pounds and 4'1" tall. Max has a lisp, and a New Zealand accent.

Sarah is another child alter. Sarah was an alter created after the apple incident, however holds no trauma memories. Sarah is 9, and is another human alter. Sarah is 4'5, weighing 130 lbs, and has a stutter, her accent being New Yorkern. However, Sarah was made to be emotional support for Nightmare's loved ones and to complete tasks that must be done to take care of their surroundings and the body itself. She ages once every two years, and was dormant until Dream was turned back from stone.

Arron is a verbal protector in the system. He holds the majority of traumatic memories out of the system, with the exception of repressed. Arron is a Hispanic male and has a Mexican accent, late 30s. He is a current prosecutor. Nothing more is known about him.