Shapeshift Romance: Ch. 1: A New Journey Begins

I wake up to the sound of my dreadful alarm clock.

It's on, you stupid clock, your time is up! (That is a pun, you're supposed to laugh) I grab the clock and fling it with all my might against the wall.

CRASH!

I'm rewarded with a loud bang.

"Honey, what's going on up there?" My dad asks from downstairs.

"Nothing!" I reply quickly. I take a quick shower and get my outfit ready for today. A simple shirt, some jeans, and my favorite black converse. I put my blond hair up into a quick, messy ponytail. I go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Hi, Mom. Hey, Dad," I greet as I sit down at the table.

"Hi, sweetie. What was that crash upstairs in your room?" Mom asks worriedly.

"Alarm clock getting on my nerves," I say bitterly.

"GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!" my annoying, little brothers yell.

I whisper to my mom, "Mom, we're out numbered."

She smiles, "I know but we love them anyway." I check my phone. Ten minutes until school. I finish up my breakfast. After I say goodbye to my parents, I get into my car and drive towards my new school.

I wonder how this school will be like instead of my last one. My family moved because my mom got a better job here as a nurse at the hospital. I sure do miss my old school. My friends. I mostly miss Abby, my best friend, and Phil, my other best friend. I locate a parking space and I walk to the school door and find the office.

"Hello, I'm Alice Harris, I'm new here," I say kindly to the secretary.

She smiles at me, "Here is your schedule and locker number."

"Thank you."

I walk out then I check my schedule. My first class is mathematics with Mr. Kole. I find the math room right when the bell rings. The teacher looks up and tells me to introduce myself to the class.

"Hi, I'm Alice Harris." Nervousness finds its way into my voice.

"Why don't you sit by Ethan. Ethan, raise your hand," Mr. Kole tells me. I look at Ethan. He has light brown hair, green eyes and a warm smile. I walk towards Ethan and sit next to him.

"Hello, I'm Ethan Seamer." He smiles and puts out his hand. I shake it.

"Alice Harris," I say. Mr. Kole starts class with geometry and I take notes to study from later. Every now and then, I look at Ethan who keeps looking at me. I ignore it for now.

When the bell rings to end class, I walk out of class where I bump into a girl.

"Whoa!" she exclaims as she falls.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I put out my hand to help her. She takes it and pulls herself up.

"It's okay. I'm Casey, and you are?" She asks with a tilt of her head.

"I'm Alice Harris," I tell her. Casey has long strawberry blond hair and brown eyes. She's really pretty.

"What class you got next?" she asks. I check my schedule and see I have world history next with Mrs. Ember.

"History," I say.

"Me too, here I'll show you where it is." Casey leads me to history class and we walk in a few minutes late.

Mrs. Ember says, "Oh, hello, Casey. Glad you could join us. Who's this?"

"Alice Harris, Mrs. Ember, she's new here. I'm late because I offered to show her the way to class," Casey tells the teacher.