Shapeshift Romance: Ch. 3: Casey Wants To Know My Secrets

"Time for tea!" the Mad Hatter chirps cheerfully.

"Hooray!" I say excitedly.

"Cheers!" the Mad Hare giggles.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"What's that?" I ask the Mad Hatter frightened.

"It's the Red Queen! Everyone RUN!" yells the Mad Hatter holding onto his hat.

"Go! Go! Go!" yells the Mad Hare running faster than a jackrabbit.

"Huh..." I groan and press the snooze button. I think the alarm clock is worse than the Queen of Hearts.

I take a shower, get dressed, and go down stairs to eat some breakfast. I grab a glass of orange juice and begin eating.

"Mom, this is really good, thanks," I tell my mom.

"You're welcome, sweetie," she says with a smile. My mom, Johanna, has pretty brown hair, grey-blue eyes, and a beautiful smile. Chris and Caleb walk downstairs only half awake and start eating.

My dad walks in a suit and tie. He's a lawyer, and a pretty good one, too.

"Hello, my beautiful wife and wonderful kids." He says. He gives my mom a kiss and she kisses back.

"Hey, Mom and Dad, maybe you forgot but THERE'S CHILDREN IN THE ROOM," I tell them waving my hands. They pull apart and Mom laughs.

My dad, David, has black hair, (that's where Chris and Caleb got theirs), green eyes, and glasses. I get my blonde hair from my Grandma Wendy and Aunt Josie on my dad's side of the family.

"Bye, family," I tell them, walking out and getting into my car. I find a parking space and go into school.

"Alice, over here," Danny says waving me over to our friends.

"So Alice... you and Ethan, huh?" Casey says elbowing me. Me and Ethan? Oh! Lunch and stuff.

"Yeah, I sat with him and his friends. It was fun, I guess," I said shrugging slightly. I just don't want them to think we are together or I like him or something.

"'It was fun, I guess'? I saw that Noel kid laughing his ass off over there!" Jackie says loudly.

"His name is Noah," I correct her.

"And I saw Mr. Seamer looking at you times too many than normal. What's with that, hmm?" Casey asks waiting for me to say something. I could feel my face heating up with the stares on me.

"I-I don't know! Ask him why if you're wondering!" I just want to finish this conversation.

"Fine, but why did I hear from Anna, don't why she was talking to me, she usually keeps ten feet from me, that you and a certain Nathan Drone were having coffee after school!" Jackie says, again, quite loudly.

"We just went out of coffee, that's all."

"Of course you did," Jackie says sarcastically. I roll my eyes at her and say bye to everyone.

I head to math with Sandy, walking quickly to get out of that conversation.

I walk into class and sit by Ethan.

"Well, hello, Alice," he says.

"Hi, Ethan," I tell him.

"You okay? You look a little flustered," he asks.

"I'm fine. My friends are just a bit weird, that's all," I tell him, not wanting to admit we were talking about him.

"It's good to have weird friends. Keeps life from getting dull," he says. I laugh and he smiles.