Shapeshift Romance: Ch. 11: I Get A New Pet

Let's get right into the chapter peoples!!

WAIT!! Before we start, I'm going to warn you guys. Some of you people will hate me after this chappy (I'm talking about you Sophie!).

OK, now we start the story!

----------------------------------

Alice's P.O.V

On Saturday morning, I offer to take Caleb and Chris to the park so Mom and Dad can have some peace and quiet.

Wow, how dumb was I.

When we arrive, Chris and Caleb hurdle themselves out of the car and run to the swings.

I grab my book, shut the car door behind me, and walk to a park bench. I sit down and begin read.

I read until I hear an "Ow!" from behind me. I turn around and see Caleb on the ground, his face twisted in pain.

"Caleb!" I run to him and kneel next to him.

"Ow, ow ow..." He holds his arm. I gently touch it and he cries in pain.

"What did you do?" I ask quickly. I need to get him to the hospital.

"I really don't know. One minute I'm on the swing, the next I'm on the ground," he explains, "I swear I didn't jump off."

"Okay, I'm going to get you in the car and take you to the hospital."

It takes ten minutes to get Caleb situated in the car. While I rush to the hospital, I call Mom and Dad. They say they will be there in a couple minutes.

I jog to the front counter and ask for help. A nurse leads Caleb to a room with a doctor.

Mom and Dad come when Caleb is being checked. Apparently, he had a break in his arm and he will have to get a cast for a couple weeks.

When we all leave, Chris is acting strangely quiet. I pull him aside and ask him what was wrong.

"With Caleb breaking his arm, he's going to get more attention than me." He folds his arms across his chest and huffs.

"Well, maybe it's Caleb's turn to get some attention," I tell him gently.

"I don't want him to! He's quiet, I'm loud. So I should get more attention! I'm tired of talking!" He huffs again and runs away.

"Chris!" I run after him.

"What's going on Alice?" Mom asks as I run past.

"Be right back!" I yell while running.

After running for a while, I found Chris on a swing at the hospital park. I sit on a swing next to him.

"You know, when you two were born, I was really jealous," I say.

He just kept his head down, but I knew he was listening.

"I was the only child, so I had lots of attention. Then, pop, comes, not one but two, new babies. I wasn't very happy."

"Why?" he asks quietly.

"Because I didn't get enough of Mom and Dad, I didn't want to be a big sister, and I didn't want baby brothers," he lifts his head up a little as he listens for more, "But after a while, I got used to it. Now, you and Caleb are two of the best friends in my life. So, next time, Chris, don't run away like that, OK?" I look at him softly.

He nods and gets up from the swing.

"Want a piggyback ride?" I ask him with a widening grin.

He instantly perks up and says yes. Chris hops onto my back and I stroll back to the car.