Shapeshift Romance: Ch. 8: Say Yes to the Dress(es)

Chapter 8 everyone! Hope you guys will

enjoy and I'll let you guys read now, OK!

_______________________________

Alice's P.O.V

Sadly, today is Monday. I groan as I tumble out of bed. I quickly dress and leave for a wonderful day at school! (not really)

Luckily, a parking spot right next to the doors is waiting for me when I arrive. I get inside and head to math class.

"Alice, over here." Sandy waves at me and I sit by her today for a change.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Well, I-"

"Class, I have a important announcement," Mr. Kole. interrupts us, "My wife and I are going to have a son."

We clap for him. A woman around Mr. Kole's age, walks in the classroom and she slips her arm around his waist.

"Well, since of the little boy, I'm going to quit for a year then come back," Mr. Kole explains to us.

"So you're leaving?" Someone in the back of the room asks.

"Yes. At the end of the of school year," Mr. Kole says.

"Now, get to work everyone. Pages 283-286 for homework tonight. You can work on it for the class time."

"So, what did you want to talk about Sandy?" I ask her.

"Well, um... I... um... like someone," She blushes bright pink and lets her hair hide her face.

"Sandy! That's wonderful! I'm happy for you. Who's the lucky guy?"

"No, Alice! It's terrible. It's Carson Jay. I've hear rumors that he's kind of a jerk. But I like him and... and I can't stop liking him. But he's super nice to me." She looks confused and kinda sad.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Sandy. You can't stop a crush easily." I pull her into a hug. I hope she'll feel better soon.

We spend the rest of class time to finish our homework before heading to our next class.

"Later, Sandy. Don't worry, I'll help you through it." I place a hand on her arm.

"Thank you Alice," She gives me a warm smile, "It's good to know I have friends who care about me." She walks down the hall for her next class.

I look around for Casey. I find her leaning against her locker, eyes closed.

I stand in front of her. "Casey, come on, we have to go to class."

"Alice, I have a problem," she says without opening her eyes.

"What's up?" I ask, hoping we can get to class soon.

"No one had asked me to prom yet. And I still can't find a dress." She lets out a sigh.

Prom? I've never been to prom.

"Prom? I haven't been asked either," I say, hoping to cheer her up.

She pushes herself away from the locker. "Yeah, but Nate's going to ask you. Just wait!"

"How about this: You, Sandy, Jackie, and I are going to find dresses for prom after school, ok? And I am not taking a 'no' for a answer," I say, feeling like this is a good idea.

"For real? Thank you, Alice!" She engulfs me a big bear hug.

"Now, can we go to class?" I ask anxiously.

"Oops, sorry about that." Casey laughs awkwardly.

We fast-walk to class, making it right on time.