Part 20

Italics- their Bardo

Lydia

Lydia felt a cold chill run down her spine knowing she was barely naked, still stuck in her party clothes. The bright green color of the lair was the only thing she could see from her blurry vision. She blinked a few times to see Theo pouring a thick line of mountain ash from a sack around her and then Stiles circling it with mistletoe.

"She was trained by me so she'll need to be secure," Argent's muffled voice said as he and Diggle chained her to a chair. They went in opposite directions, looping it around her shoulders and under the chair.

She glanced up to see an IV of wolfsbane, Latharia Vulpina, Kanima, and Tibetan Pit Viper venom, with more mistletoe was injected into her body. Felicity with an angry face cut a piece of duck tape and placed it over her mouth.

"Wake up sleepyhead," Peter said in a melodic voice, snapping his fingers. Lydia's vision finally focused to see her restraints and everyone standing around and staring at her. She could feel the nogitsune coming back and she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. From the paralytic venom, all she could do was tilt her head and she narrowed her eyes in an evil way.

"It's back," Argent said, referencing the nogitsune. "Let me up the dosage of lichen." "Wait," Scott stopped him, "it's still weak though, we can talk to her." "Talk to her?" Stiles repeated with a frown on his face, "All she'll have are insults." "Remove the tape," he ordered. Stiles sighed, stepping into the circle and ripped the tape off her lips.

Lydia didn't say anything with the freedom of speech she was given. "Now talk," Stiles demanded, raising his eyebrows. Her head turned to face him and she broke a massive grin, showing her dimples.

"Guess not," Felicity said, putting a fresh layer of the gray sticky plastic on her lips. "Let's start," Scott said, releasing his claws. Stiles broke the barrier and Scott stepped forward, going behind her chair. "Who's coming with me?" "I'm definitely not going in a banshee's head," Theo said, stepping back. Peter and Derek agreed, following his actions.

"Malia?" He asked. Lydia's head turned, feeling her limbs reattach, and stared at her blankly, waiting for her answer. "Uh... I think Oliver should go," she offered, nodding her head. He glanced at everyone and grabbed a chair, placing it next to hers. She didn't have to look at him to feel his presence and she felt claws dig into her neck and her eyes closed.

Scott

Scott opened his eyes the moment he closed his locker. He looked around to see he was in the hallways of Beacon Hills High.

"Lydia!" He called out and there was silence. The lights flickered above him but the stayed off and he began to walk. "Lydia!" Still silence as he sped down the hallway.

He opened the doors into a classroom and written on the chalkboard, was his name. "Scott," a male voice whispered and he turned his head, no one was there. "Come to me."

With his heightened hearing, he followed the voice and made himself into the gymnasium. The lines of the basketball court marked the wooden floor as he walked around. His nose twitched when he smelled something familiar. "Come out," he said.

From the shadows, his mirror self came out. His eyes glowed its bright alpha red, claws longer than usual, barring a different set of sharpened teeth. Scott was able to release his claws and let out a roar.

"You're trying to fight me?" The other asked. "We are the same," Scott said. "Right, self. The backward five." He began to walk around, grazing his claws on the walls, creating lines. "But you've never seen your true self." "And who is that?" Scott asked. "Who? Don't you mean what?"