CHAPTER FOUR.

"Would you believe me if I told you I loved you?"

Jordan

  "So you're telling me that you actually wanna start dating?" Rakim asked as he turned towards me. I nodded.

"Do you not want to?"

"I mean I do, I just don't want you to end up hurting me." He admitted as he rubbed his arm nervously.

"You know I wouldn't hurt you. You mean a lot to me." I smiled as I wrapped an arm around him.

"And how am I supposed to know that? We've only known each other for a few months." Rakim responded as he pushed my arm away.

"So what? A few months seems like a lot of time to me." I shrugged. I could tell that he wasn't too amused by that comment.

"I don't see why you want to rush things." Rakim let out a sigh. "Can we take things a bit slower?" I shook my head.

"Like I said we've already had a lot of time to get to know each other. We don't need anymore time."

"How do you expect me to trust you when I barely know anything about you?" I rolled my eyes. Why is he worrying so much? What was there to be afraid of?

"Just trust me, I'm not gonna hurt you."

"I don't really believe that." Rakim responded.

"Would you believe me if I told you I loved you?" He froze up for a second. This had been the first time that I had told him that.

"You, you love me?"

"Mhm, of course I do." I spoke before planting a kiss on his cheek. "Well, do you believe me now?"

"I don't know Jordan. I need to think it over."

"There's no need to think it over baby. Just please trust me, I promise I won't break your heart." I vowed. I could tell that he was still a little reluctant but was slowly beginning to trust me. "Please baby."

"Jordan-"

"Just give me a chance." I begged. "I won't fuck it up." It seemed like no matter how much begged and pleaded his answer wasn't gonna change. What was it gonna take for him to agree to be with me?

"Give me a few minutes to think it over ok?" I nodded.

"Alright." I leaned back in the couch and watched him think it over. I couldn't help but to worry the whole time. Would he actually be nice enough to agree or would he just turn me down?

"Alright, I guess I'll give you a chance. Rakim announced after a while. I began to smile. I'm glad that he finally had a change of heart.

"So it's official?" He nodded.

"Yeah." Rakim replied in an unsure tone. "Just one more thing."

"Ok, what is it?" I questioned just wanting the conversation to end. He shot me a glare before continuing.

"Don't fuck up."

"I won't baby." At least I hoped I wouldn't. I wasn't sure if I could live up to my promise but I was going to try to. What's the worst that could happen?