CHAPTER ELEVEN.

"We can do whatever you want Sy

"We can do whatever you want Sy."

Omniscient

  Over the course of a few days, Sheyaa noticed a significant change in Symere's mood. His once uplifted mood went back to being a bad one and Sheyaa just couldn't figure out why. What is making him feel this way? Sheyaa couldn't think of a reason Symere would be in such a bad mood, he thought that things were finally getting better for him.

"I noticed that you seem kinda down lately, what's wrong?" Sheyaa asked as he sat next to Symere. Symere let out a sigh.

"I'm just feeling a little lonely, that's all." He admitted. Sheyaa was confused by his comment.

"How are you lonely when you have me?" He questioned.

"I know that," Symere started. "But I'm not really used to being by myself." He continued, referring to his current relationship status. "Even though I still have you it's not the same." Sheyaa nodded in understanding. He felt bad knowing that he couldn't provide his friend with the love he was seeking but in all honesty he really wanted to. For the past week he had felt himself developing feelings for him but never spoke on them due to his fear of being rejected. He no longer wanted to just be Symere's best friend, he wanted to be more than that.

"I get it." Sheyaa responded. "I know this might not help much but maybe we can figure out something to do to at least try to take your mind off things a bit."

"Like what?" Symere asked while turning towards him.

"We can do whatever you want Sy." He smiled. "Do you have anything that you'd like to do?" Sheyaa was willing to do anything at this point to keep Symere happy. Symere thought for a moment.

"Well, I kinda wanna go back to the mall again since it didn't go so well last time." He answered, remembering what had happened.

"At least you don't have to worry about that happening again." Symere nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore." Symere smiled. Sheyaa couldn't help but to smile also. Symere's smile had brought him nothing but pure joy. "It feels good to be so stressed out all the time." Sheyaa took notice of his change in attitude. He was happy that Symere was feeling better but also saddened at the fact that it was only temporary.

"I can only imagine how bad that must've been. I'm glad that you're in a better place now." Sheyaa empathized as he wrapped an arm around Symere.

"I'm just glad that you were there for me, this is exactly why I love you." Sheyaa knew exactly what he had meant by that. He only loved and seen him as a best friend and nothing more. But Sheyaa no longer wanted be seen as such by him. He wanted to be seen as more than just a friend and hoped that Symere had felt the same way that he does, but the harsh truth was that he most likely didn't.

"I love you too Sy." But his words didn't have the same meaning as Symere's. They had more meaning than them. The love that he had for him was far from the love that Symere had for Sheyaa. But who knows? Maybe there was a possibility that Symere had felt the same all along. There was no way to know for certain unless he asked him. Was it possible that he might gather the courage to ask him if he felt the same or would his feelings remain a secret?