CHAPTER NINE.

"Please give me another chance Rakim!"

Jordan

"I know I fucked up bad but we all make mistakes!You can't do this to me Rakim! Please take me back baby!" I begged.

"I already told you that I want nothing to do with you, what don't you get about that?" Rakim asked with anger laced in his voice. "And don't call me 'baby.'" I knew that Rakim was fed up with me constantly calling and texting him but I wasn't planning to stop anytime soon. I really didn't want to lose him like this.

"Rakim please! I need you!" I shouted frantically into the phone as I paced around my living room. "I miss you so fucking much! Please give me another chance Rakim!"

"I don't care about how much you need me Jordan, I'm not coming back." Rakim responded. "I told you that you were only getting one chance and that's exactly what I meant. You ruined it for yourself." Why did he have to act like this towards me? I just made a little mistake, why does it have to be such a big deal?

"Rakim, it was an accident! I won't do it again I swear!" I vowed. At this point, I was willing to do any and everything to get him back, I couldn't bare the thought of losing him.

"Jordan I'm not going through this with you again, I said no and that's final." Rakim sighed, trying his best to stay as calm as possible. I don't know why he's getting so worked up. If anything, I'm the one who should be upset. I said I'm sorry, why can't he just take me back?

"Rakim listen, I'll change for you. I'll do anything to get you back!" I cried out desperately. "Come on baby, please?" I asked once more. I waited patiently for a response, hoping that my constant begging and pleading was enough to change his answer.

"No." My heart dropped. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could he just turn me down like that? I apologized, what more could he want? "I don't want you anymore. All you do is lie."

"Baby I apologized, what else do you want me to do?" I questioned. "I already told you that I won't do it again and I told you that I could change. You ask for too much." I sighed heavily as I rolled my eyes. Why does he need so much from me?

"I only wanted you to be faithful and honest, how is that a lot?" Rakim asked, followed by a sigh. "It's really not that hard."

"And I could be faithful and honest if you give me another chance." I promised. "We all mess up at some point so why can't I have another chance?"

"Because Jordan, not everyone cheats and keeps secrets from me!" Rakim spat, releasing all his pent up anger. "I'm not taking you back! What don't you understand about that?" My eyes widened at his sudden change of attitude. I only wanted another chance and I honestly felt like I deserved one. Why does me asking for a second chance have to be such a big deal?

"Rakim, I can't change what I did! It's not that big of a deal anyways, it only happened one time!" I argued. Why is everybody stuck on the past? Why can't they understand that people can change?

"That doesn't matter Jordan! You still did it!" Rakim retorted. "How do you expect me to take you back after what you did? Do you not realize how much that hurt me?"

"Baby please, just listen-" I started.

"No I'm done listening to this shit!" Rakim cut me off. "And I told you to stop calling me 'baby!'" He immediately hung up. I attempted to call him back only to hear a single ring before being sent to voicemail. He had blocked me. I was saddened by the fact that I would never hear from him again. I don't think I'd be able to go on without him. He was my world. What did I do to deserve this?