CHAPTER 2

"Hey, little witch."

Napabaling ako kay Kuya Hobie na nasa bukana ng backdoor ng mansion.

I swam towards the pool's stairs to get out from the water. Kanina pa rin kasi ako nagbababad sa swimming pool. Masakit na rin ang araw sa balat.

Kinuha ko ang robe sa lounger at sinuot. I kissed Kuya on the cheeks nong makalapit siya sa'kin.

"Morning." I greeted.

He reached for the glass of juice in the table, just beside the lounger.

"That's mine!" Anggil ko, but his eyes just flashed a mischievous grin and emptied the glass before putting it back to the table.

"I heard that you've really enjoyed your stay in Nevada."

Lumikot ang aking mata. Holy crap, I thought they already forget about that.

"Uh, y-yes, Kuya. Dahliarose recovered fast. She and Emiranda tour me around Nevada."

His brow cocked and gazed at me thoroughly. Hobie is a veterinarian in the making. And whenever he's like this, I always feel like I'm a specimen being examined under the microscope.

"Ilang bar ang napuntahan nyo?"

I bit my lower lip and looked at him with a hint of guilt. I... actually couldn't count. Naglalambing ko siyang niyakap sa bewang. I stared at him using my moonlight eyes.

He chuckled. "There goes your tactic again, little witch."

"Are you mad?" I asked softly.

His fingers run in my hair and hissed, "You're really growing into a fine lady, baby. Time flies so fast."

I grinned at his tone. "Ibig sabihin hindi kayo galit sa'kin ni Kuya Adam?"

Fortunately, Kuya Adam has been so busy with the plantation lately. Malapit na rin kasi ang anihan ng pinya.

He sighed. "We don't want to deprive you with your liberty. Although you're quite immature..." He smirked when I glared at him, "Just please be responsible with your actions."

He stared at me for a second and smiled. "And though you're growing lovely, you'll forever be my little witch."

My grin widened. "And because I'll forever be your little witch..." With all my strength, I pushed him towards the pool. He was caught off guard and didn't see it coming. A loud splash of water and a curse made me burst into laughter. He's all wet. With his semi-formal attire, I guess he's going somewhere and I messed it up!

"That's what you get for drinking my favorite fruit juice!"

"I have a conference to attend, Luzeda!"

Natatawang tumakbo ako papasok ng mansion, leaving my poor brother cursing at his situation.

Rence was texting me all day and asking me to go out, but I declined it, saying I'm busy today.

Rence:

Next time, then?

Napairap ako. He's so persistent.

: Yeah. Sure.

'Yon nalang ang sinagot ko at ibinaba na ang cellphone sa kama.

I stared at the white ceiling. What should I do today? I just finished reading two books at wala na akong maisip na gawin.

Great! I just declined Rence offer to take me out saying I'll be busy today kahit wala naman talaga akong gagawin. I don't want to let myself die in boredom. I grope for my phone while still staring at the ceiling. I composed a message to Rence.