Crimson Killing Intent (Chapter 10)

(Y/N's POV)

Heathcliff: Kirito, if you want her, take her with your blade, your 2 blades. If you can defeat me in combat, you may take Asuna. But if you lose, you will join the "Knights of the Blood Oath."

Kirito: If you'd rather settle this with swords, that's fine with me.

Y/N's thoughts: At least this guy doesn't drag me into a duel for no good reason.

Kirito: Let's settle this with a duel.

(October 20, 2024 Floor 75: Collinia)

Announcer: Not many good seats left! So you better hurry quick, so you can get a good look the duel between, The Living Legend, "Heathcliff" VS "Dual wielding Dominator, Kirito!" You better hurry!

Me, Kirito, and Asuna were in a room getting Kirito ready mentally. Well, at least I was.

Asuna: You idiot, why would he say that?

Kirito: Sorry, I'm sorry....I wasn't thinking.

Asuna: When I first saw your dual-wielding skill back there, I thought your strength was
on a whole other level. But the Commander has
a unique skill, too....

Kirito: I've seen it several times.

Y/N: Yeah, me too. It's kinda bullshit, too. How does a skill named "Divine Blade" max out your attack AND defense power? I get the attack, but why defense?

Kirito: The attack is strong, but that defense is incredible.

Asuna: No one has ever seen his HP bar fall into the yellow zone. G/N's right, it's completely overpowered.

Kirito: I know.

Y/N: Hey, it's alright. I'll be cheering for you, unlike someone over here that has been doubting you...

Asuna: I'm only worried about him! If he does lose, not only do I not get my leave, but you'll have to join the "Knights of the Blood Oath."

Y/N (sarcastic) No! Please convince Heathcliff to not get rid of Asuna's leave! Anything but that!

Kirito: (laughs) Well, I don't plan on losing easily.

Y/N: That's what I like to hear!

(Third Person POV)

Heathcliff and Kirito were on the field, while G/N and Asuna were in the closer rows, closer to the field.

Heathcliff: I'm sorry, Kirito. I didn't realize this would be such a big deal.

Kirito (jokingly): I receive a percentage of the fees.

Heathcliff: No. After the fight, you'll be a member of the guild. I'll treat this as a mission.

Kirito had a notification pop up.

Notification: Will you accept duel request?
Opponent: Heathcliff
Type: 1v1
Normal Mode
Time-Limit Mode
One-Strike Mode

Kirito accepted and chose the time limit mode.
Notification:
3
2
1
Start!

Kirito and Heathcliff both unsheathe their swords and disappear instantly. Kirito tried attacking Heathcliff, but was blocked each time by his shield, when he hit him by the shield itself.

Kirito's & G/N's thoughts: His shield?!

Kirito got up and ran towards Heathcliff using a sword skill, but couldn't penetrate through the shield. They then kept trying to hit each other with Kirito avoiding Heathcliff's attacks and Heathcliff blocking Kirito's attacks with his shield.