Game Over (Chapter 14) Aincrad Arc End

(Y/N's POV)

Me, Kirito, and Asuna had managed to get the "Skull Reaper's" HP down to it's last bar, and by then, everyone realized its attack pattern.

Heathcliff: Everyone, attack!

We finally managed to defeat the boss, after what seemed to be forever.

Klein: How many did we lose?

Kirito: 13 died.

Agil: No way.

Klein: We still have 25 floors.

Agil: Will we really be able to reach the top?

Asuna: Are you two alright?

Me and Kirito knew what we had to test. So we both charged at Heathcliff, when we looked up at him, we knew we were right.

Notification: Immortal Object

Asuna: Wh-What's going on, Commander?

Y/N: I fucking knew it!

Kirito: The game makes sure that his HP never falls into the yellow zone. Something always bothered me, ever since I arrived here. "Where does he hide while watching us and adjusts this world?"

Y/N: Then, out of personal expierence, there's nothing as boring as watching someone else play a game.

Kirito: Isn't that right, Akihiko Kayaba?

Heathcliff: Would you mind telling me how you figured it out?

Kirito: The first time I felt something was
wrong was during the duel.

Y/N: That last hit you got on Kirito was complete bullshit. You were way too fast.

Kayaba: I suspected much. You had overpowered me to the point that I needed to engage the system's over assist mode. Yes, I am Akihiko Kayaba. And if I may add, I am the game's final boss, who would have awaited for you at the top floor.

Y/N: What a storyline. Having the strongest player betray us.

Kayaba: Not a bad one, is it? I had always thought that you would be the one to stand before me at the end. But your power exceeded my expectations. Dual-wielding is given to the player with the fastest reaction time, who will then act out the part of the Hero that challenges the Demon King.

Y/N's thoughts: How do you even measure someone's reaction time with a single helmet?

Kayaba: But, I didn't make have that idea, someone else did....

Y/N: N-No......don't tell me.....

Kayaba: Yes, G/N, it was D/N, though your reaction time is above average, Kirito still had the best. But since D/N gave me the idea, I decided to give them to you, too. Y'know he's told me a lot about you. And when I asked him to be one of the only people to help make this game, he was overjoyed.

Y/N: N-No wonder everything was so in check with balancing.....was he in this world all along?

Kayaba: No, he said he was gonna let you experience it first, then surprise you by showing you that he bought one, too. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if that plan has changed.

I started crying.

Y/N: At least he's safe....

Kayaba: Well, these unexpected events are all part of the fun of an MMORPG.

Guild member: Our loyalty....our hope.....How could you?!

They tried attacking attack Kayaba, but everyone got paralyzed except me and Kirito.