Outside

The wind is cold...fall is approaching quickly so how will they escape? You're running through the forest at night, branches, and leaves hitting your skin. You jump onto a tree then onto the wall, you look down to see an almost bottomless cliff.
"How will they-"

"Hey, Ray? Do you know what a best friend is?" You hug his arm and read the book you 2 were sharing.
"Yeah, why?" He flips the page and looks at you.
"Are we best friends?" You stare at his Dark Green eyes, almost getting lost, he nods and pets your hair. You smile and continue reading.

"Hey y/n? Wanna read under the tree with me again?" He asks, putting the book away.
"Yeah...we haven't done it since we met...but didn't we?" You push the fingertips of both of your index fingers together, he tenses up and pulls the book out.
"On accident...but still. The others will be out, you know we'll be training. Are you okay with that?" He hands you the book and looks at you.
"Yeah, we need to go into the forest again right? It's fine but...I want something!" You cheer, he gasps a bit and nods.
"I want a hug!" You laugh, he smirks and nods again. You walk closer to him and hug him tightly, he jumps back a bit but wraps his arms around you. It was warm and nice...it felt comforting.
"Thank you...can we do this more?" You ask, he laughs and nods.

"I know you were in the library the other night, about what we were talking about. Do you have a tracker? Do you remember?" Ray sits next to you.
"Yeah, I'm the same as you, I don't have infertile amnesia, I don't have a tracker..." You lean on his shoulder and hug his arm.
"Sorry I'm clingy...you're my first friend and my first hug so you mean a lot to me!" You squeeze his arm, he pats your head and gets up. He bows slightly and extends his hand, you grab it and pull your self up. But you accidentally pull yourself down and Ray with you. He lands on top of you and is inches apart.
"S-sorry..." You blush, he gets up and grabs you.
"It's fine...c'mon, let's find another book." He pulls you over to your reading spot.

"Y/n dear, you've seen Sister Krone I hope?" You nod as you look over her profile in Mother's room, Isabella looking over your shoulder.
"She isn't, normal. I need you to keep an eye on her for me when she's alone. Consider this a test if your skills, since they've been, lackluster recently." Her percing gaze practically stabs your back as you nods silently again, walking out and listening in on Krone through her door, the children playing downstairs.

K-Krone...she, she wants to become a mom? But why? Does she really hate Isabella that much? I can't let her find out about Ray, Norman, and Emma, if I do then they'll all be shipped...but, I don't want to tell Mother yet, that would be too suspicious from the kids mindset. Wait, that isn't like Mother...I'll have to tell her if she does anything too rash.

You hug the wall as Krone comes out of her room, following her down the stairs and watching her as she plays with the children, rushing over to be closer to Ray and Norman, now listening to their conversation and watching Sister Krone actions and expression as she briefly talks to them. She definitely suspects them, and Mother does too...

Ray's eyes shoot to you, telling you that he knows you saw and heard. You draw back and go to Emma and Gilda, you pass mother on the way, only making eye contact. Looking at the children you listen to Emma while securing your secrecy. They both come towards the door after talking and you run back to your room. You start to talk but hear mother contacting HQ, deciding you won't talk to HQ you run back to the library. You sit down and rub your eyes, Ray quietly walks in and looks around. After making sure to one's there he looks at you and shows you a small smile. He climbs up and kneels in front of you, you know that he doesn't plan on reading so you put up your book.
"I know you left before we were done talking. So let me tell you."

You're in the house, observing as the 3 go into the forest one by one. The little ones are scattered all over the yard, but you except that once Krone comes out that they'll all go over to one side. That'll be the time to go, Now...now I can run. She's so clueless that she doesn't even know that I'm using her. You run into the forest and hide in a tree as they exchange information. Emma comes up with an idea of tag, with her teaching them to use their bodies. Ray and Norman will be sharpening their minds to survive. Every round you switch between watching Norman, to seeing everyone's progress.

"Good job Ray! You were really good at tag!" You run up and hug him, he hugs back and smiles. You let go and smile at him.
"Have you eaten today?" He asks, you hesitate but nod slightly. He gives you a look then hands you a piece of bread. You chomp it down then look at him, he laughs and rubs his neck.
"Gah- Y/n watch out-!" Ray pushes you up the tree as Emma, Norman, and then Sister Krone.
"T-tag...? Why...? Oh, oh no."

You decide that this match is unnecessary to watch so you go to the wall and take note. You jump up and look over at the massive ravine that is behind the wall. The fall breeze hitting you in the face like needles, you run back to the extra room you were hiding in secret. You tie it you a tree and jump, a rush of terror washes over you as your weight drags you down. Your nails are the only thing keeping you from falling as you cling onto the side of the cliff. You climb up and catch your breath, adrenaline pumping through your veins. You tie the other end to a tree and climb back carefully, you tighten your hands as cold sweat rushes down your face. 15 minutes, it's been 15 minutes...5 more minutes to hide this and get back to Ray... You use a pocket knife that you have and cut the side of the rope. Tomorrow I'll find some way to cut the other side...hopefully. You jump back down and run back to the house, no one is around as you sneak back in through the other side.