I'm Here For You

"Y/n have you hear-"
"Yes Ray," you cut him off and smirk while dusting off your pants, "I know about the inspection, you really underestimate my skills Mr.Spy." he blushes and stands up, rubbing his neck.
"Don't tell me what I already know..." You scoff at him and throw the book at him, he catches it and falls back slightly.
"Hey, what's with the cold shoulder Y/n? Did I do something wrong?" He walks over to you and places a hand on your head, making you blush and tear up.
"No. It's not you..."
"Then what's wrong?" He turns you around and looks you in the eye, staring at you with concern.
"...c-can I- It's just that- Mom told me- All of this..." You hold your head in your hands and lean on the bookshelf, Ray picks your chin up and smiles weakly.
"Sit down, explain everything, you have things on your chest, I'll listen. Y/n you know that I'm not like the others, you can tell me." You sit on the chair with his help and hug your knees.
"Mom...Mom is, Mom is making me work. I'm going on the wall..." He jumps back and holds your shoulders tightly.
"W-when...?"
"I-I can't tell you...I wish I could but if you knew then..."
"Then what Y/n, please." You turn to look at him, tears building up.
"Then...I'll get shipped...I'll get shipped the day she finds out what I told you..."
"...Y/n...I-I'm sorry for pushing you, come here." He moves closer to you and hugs you, rubbing your head and smiling, you scrunch up more and cry with your head against your knees.
"I don't want to get shipped...I know you all don't either but you haven't seen the demons face to face. They're at least 10 feet tall, and their faces...R-Ray..." You slowly look at him with wide eyes, his face is comforting but you know he's scared. He rubs your cheek and smiles softly, wiping your tears.
"Y/n, don't worry, we'll all escape together. I'll tell Norman tomorrow okay?" You nod and hold his hand, his face has a slight blush as he presses his side against yours.
"Ray...you don't understand,, you don't know how young I was was I saw the truth. Ray..." Your voice was shaky and a lump was forming deep in your throat. "I was only 4 years old Ray...I could barely read and I knew the truth." Tears again run down in hot rivers, you can barely control your breathing, you're on the edge of having a full blown breakdown in Ray's arms.
"Ray? P-promise me something okay?"
"Of course, what is it?"
"Promise me, that if we escape, that we'll stay together..." He takes your chin and makes you look at him.
"Of course..." He rubs your head again and squeezes your shoulder. You look forward and close your eyes, tired from stress.
"C'mon you can't sleep here Y/n~" he picks you up on his back and carries you into your room, laying you down and covering you with a blanket. You bring your legs to your chest and inhale slowly.
"See you later Ray, so tired~" you smile and cuddle into your pillow, squeezing Ray's hand as you fall asleep.

~quick Ray pov~

She fell asleep faster than usual, not saying that I know how fast she falls asleep it's just that- ugh... She's so soft, I usually don't see her as soft as she is right now. I know that she has a lot of stress so I love seeing her just love everything around her, even with all of the secrets. She probably knows more secrets than mom, but who am I to talk.
"Y/n, I know you don't hear me right now but...I care for you, I-I love you Y/n...who cares that I'm a kid, I know my feelings, bleh...that was cheesy~ sleep good~" I lean down towards her and kiss her cheek quickly before leaving her to sleep.

Hi Hi!!! This was just a fun little chapter I wanted to write bc I re-read the story and the actual relationship between us and Ray was kinda S L O W so this was sandwiched somewhere between episodes. Again thank you for almost 300 reads now (0 - °), and I hope I'll get more reads~!

Read my other stories shameless plug

~Dumb Eggy~

{\__/}
( • . •) want this burrito?
/ >🌯
{\__/}
( • - •) No, it's mine
🌯<