❄️Chapter Thirteen❄️

"Baptize me...now that reconciliation is possible. If we're gonna heal, let it be glorious."

It is now month 2 of working on this skittles project. I was excited to work on this when it was first assigned to us but now I'm bored. Doing the same thing everyday over and over gets exhausting. I know one thing, once we're done with this project, I never want to see a single skittle EVER again. We're slowly making our way into the center of the cardboard meaning we are close to being finish.

Things between Korey and I have been awkward since the first day we starting working on this. I keep my distance from him and keep my eyes glued to the cardboard. I don't speak to him unless it has to do with the project.

I didn't tell Dwayne about what happened the first day me and Korey started working together because I was able to handle things on my own. And on top of that, we have been working hard together on keeping his anger under control. We don't need to do any backtracking.

He told me about how much he used to love art, so I convinced him to get back into that. We came up with the idea that whenever he gets angry or upset to draw out what he's feeling at the moment.

On our free time, he tried teaching me how to draw but I could never get the hang of it. I gave up and just let him do all the drawing. Dwayne even drew a portrait of me. When he told me to sit down and be his inspiration for his drawing, I thought it was just going to be a simple drawing. But no, the drawing was the way he sees me through his eyes.

Did I cry once he showed me the finished product? Maybe. Don't judge me.

But I did get it framed and it's now hanging over my bed.

"Ahh fuck!" Korey yelled disturbing the silence causing me to look up and look over at him.

"Why are you yelling?" I asked him not really caring at all.

"Some of the glue got on my shirt and it's hot as hell."

"It called HOT glue for a reason" I replied back gluing more skittles onto the board.

"Yeah, whatever" he said and I heard start shuffling.

Taking a quick glance at him, he had his shirt off. The sunlight radiating throughout the house made his body glisten. I got a quick look while he wasn't paying attention. I won't lie, he has a nice body, I'll give him that.

I got up and walked into the kitchen to get another glue stick off the counter

I got up and walked into the kitchen to get another glue stick off the counter. This way I avoid looking at him longer than I needed to.

"Can I ask you a serious question?" I jumped at the sound of Korey's voice appearing behind me out of nowhere.

"Not really but okay" I replied with my back still facing him.

"If you weren't with Dwayne, would you give me a chance?"

"Huh? Where is all of this even coming from? Aren't you straight?" I asked him completely off guard.

"I guess you can say that but I always had strong feelings for you."