22. Three Years Later

Katori Mackie
February 1, 2021

"KATORI! Baby, where you at?" I heard Key yell my name.

"I'm in the master bedroom." I told him. He walked into the room all excited picking up Ayla spinning her around than putting her back down.

"Eww daddy!!!" Ayla twisted her face up, wiping her cheek where Key had kissed her.

"Girl hush up." Markeyvius playfully mushed her.

"Someone's happy I see." I laughed getting Siaani dressed.

"I sure am!! I just got off the phone with my manager and she told me that I'm performing at Rolling Loud two weeks from now!" Key informed.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! BABY THATS AMAZING." I hugged him happily.

"Wait, two weeks? That's the same week as Ayla's recital Markeyvius and not to mention it's on Valentines Day." I remembered.

"I'll make it up to you when I get back, it's only for two days. I promise. And as for Ayla's recital you can record the whole thing and we'll watch it when I get back." Markeyvius suggested.

I looked over a Ayla who was playing with her baby doll and back at Key, "you gotta make it up to her. Not me." I mouthed.

"I will. I promise." Markeyvius nodded.

"Mommy I'm hungry!" Ayla whined.

"Okay baby, dinner's almost ready." I told her, she nodded. I put Siaani on the bed with Key and Ayla and walked out of the room.

As I walked down the steps I seen the picture of Alivia on the wall. I stopped and looked at it. "Oh babygirl, I miss you so much mommy's little princess." I smiled rubbing my hand over her picture.

Two, almost three, months ago, Ayla and Alivia were with Markeyvius in our old neighborhood, they were playing in the front yard when someone kidnapped Alivia

Ayla ran into the house to tell Key. He called the police and they started an investigation. The first five months were the most hardest months of my life. The police couldn't find anything, so me and key hired a private investigator to work the case.

So far she hasn't found anything. The people that took Alivia were very precise about it and the PI says it was a targeted kidnapping due to Key being a high profile rapper.

I blamed myself for it everyday since and I started back going to therapy. I went into the kitchen and took everything that I needed for dinner out and started cooking. I was making roast chicken, baked Mac and cheese, roasted asparagus, and homemade biscuits with honey.