28. Fighter

I know I said I was done with this book, but I wanted to write another chapter leading up to K's unfortunate death. This chapter takes place two weeks before the accident and two months after.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter (it's okay if you get emotional, cause I'll probably get emotional writing this 😩)
_______
April 2, 2024
_______

"Damn bae, you look so motherfucking good." Key wrapped his arms around his wife's waist, kissing her collarbone to her cheek.

Katori blushed, "Thank you, baby. Are the kids asleep?"

"Yep. I just read Mal a bedtime story, but he wants you to tuck him in." Key informed, Katori nodded walking out of their bathroom to their youngest son's bedroom.

"Mama's here, papa," Katori whispered walking toward Kamal's bed, he was fast asleep, his little snores filled the room.

"My sweet baby boy. Mama loves you so much. Night night." Katori kissed Kamal on his forehead. She turned his night light on and walked over to the door she left it cracked just in case Kamal woke up in the middle of the night from one of his nightmares.

Katori walked back to her and Markeyvius's bedroom, "that boy knocked out." Katori laughed climbing into the bed beside Key.

"I knew he would be," Key laughed, wrapping his arms around Katori. He kissed her forehead sweetly, "I love you, babygirl."

"I love you too, Markie."

"I told you not to call me that, Alexus." Katori playfully mushed his head, "keep playing with me."

{ The next morning }

"Mommy what are we doing today?" Siah asked eating the little bit of scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit he had left on his plate.

"I don't know, what do you guys want to do today?

"Amusement park?" Jojo, Sia and Mal said in excitement.

"That sound like a good idea. Everyone get ready after y'all finish with breakfast, okay." They nodded in excitement and quickly finished their breakfast.

"Ma, can Cymone come too?" Josiah asked referring to his best friend.

"Of course." Katori smiled happily.

Ayla, Siaani, Josiah, and Markeyvius went into their rooms to get dressed while Katori helped Kamal bathe and get dressed.

Josiah Cathey/Outfit

Ayla Cathey/Outfit