21.

||Cole||

"You may see her now"

I nodded quickly as she turned. Her clip bored resting by her side, hitting her leg slightly every time she took a step.

Her white nurse uniform blending in with the surrounding walls. Her small high heels tapping lightly against the ground. I didn't look up, staring at her feet, to stunned to do anything.

Her feet stopped abruptly in front of me, making me almost collide with her. She opened the door and stepped aside, letting me pass through.

When I walked in I heard the nurse mumble something about me being a snappy alpha. Then there was something about me being crazy. Geezz thanks a lot.

When I heard the door click behind me, I walked over to Ivy, he small figure resting in the bed, eyes closed. I walked over to her, gently I laid a kiss on her forehead.

I knew there was nothing I could do to help jeez, the nurse had said it was up to her. She.... She had a 1 out of a 100 chance of waking up. Yah I know.... Terrible odds.

Groaning, I turned to walk away from her bed. I grabbed a chair from the corner of the room and put it done next to her bed. Resting my hands on the arm rest, I gripped them tightly, my knuckles turning white.

How did I let this happen? I'm supposed to protect her. I am her mate! I'm an alpha! I have alpha blood running through me! How could I not have noticed? The field was to quite, something wasn't right. I wish I had noticed it earlier. I could have stopped this.

I sat down, resting my elbows on my knee as I curled my hands in my hair. My breathing heavy, stressed.

I could have stopped this. I could have saved her. That arrow.... It was meant for me. My old rivals. They are coming for me. They are going to end me.

I thought back to Felix. The way her looked at me with pure hatred. His eyes seemed pained when I had put Ivy behind me. He looked shocked when she spoke.

There was something that wasn't right. Something that.... Didn't quite fit in the puzzle. I thought back to the story's my dad used to tell me.

Always lecturing me about respecting omegas. Always to treat them right.

I always had. I treated them like I treated the rest of the pack. He had told me story's about a great powerful alpha and his friend. If only I could remember.

Then it hit me. I knew Felix. More specifically, my father knew him.

Flashback__a long long time ago... Cole is 7 by the way....

I sat in my bed, my fingers curling around my blue comforter. It had footballs and soccer balls all over it. I looked around my room, pictures of famous sports players hung on the wall.

Across the room, my tv was blaring. I heard footsteps and crammed my neck to peek over my fort of pillows. A loud grunt filled the air.

"COLE!!!"

I laughed slightly, my pillows and blankets shaking. Someone hit my trap. I had made a little trap so that anyone who walked up the stairs would run into a price of paper. On the paper was a bunch of glue. When the person takes the paper off of their face, Like any normal person would, they would step forward.

Making them trip on a wire I set up. That would make a fan turn on, making about 500 feathers come blowing towards you.

A loud knock on my door pulled me away from my thoughts.

"COLE LUCKAS FISHER!" My fathers angered voice boomed down the halls.
Instantly I froze. Crap. Crappedy crap crap. My father had to walk into the trap. He just had to.