22.

^pic of Kelly

||Luke||

I ran through the forest, trees whipping my hair, branches hitting my face. I didn't care about the small about of pain I felt, I knew cole was going through a lot more.

When the looming form of the hospital came into view, I ran faster. When I got to it I quickly shifted back and pulled on a pair of shorts.

My Mind was racing. My alpha. My friend. My best bud, was waiting in the hospital for his unconscious mate to wake up. I ran towards the hospital. It's been at least a good 10 days since I left for my trip to meet with an alpha over somewhere that cole was going to go to but canceled so I had to go. Stupid peace treaty.

A crack off to my left told me that Kelly was right behind me. Run in to my friends side with me. I had met her on my trip. When we got to the hospital, we burst through the door. Running to the front desk.

"Ivy golds room" i huffed out, catching my breath.

The nurse nodded and pointed down the hall.

I nodded my thanks and headed down.

Coles sent was getting stronger. There were a few punch marks in the white wall. Cole had lost his temper....

When we got to the last room, a warm smell hit my nose.

Blood.

I ran faster, pushing the door open to see Cole sitting in a chair. His head slumped down, blood dripping down his arm. His nails were fully extended. Nail marks were running up and down his arm. His knuckles were blue and black, probably from punching the wall. I heard Kelly gasp behind me, covering her mouth.

"Cole!" I yelled running to his side. Why does he always do this to himself. When ever he got really upset or blamed himself for something bad or got really stressed, he would do this. Ever sence his parents died. He blamed himself for their death. I remember the first time i Saw him do that. His eyes had turned black, his nails growling. It was at his parents funeral. He always would dig his nails into his skin, always drawing blood.

His head snapped up as he looked at me. Then he jumped to his feet. Growling at me with bared teeth. His hands curling in balls. I watched as his nails dug into his palms,
Making blood drip on the floor.

Turning the white floor a dark Crimson.

"Cole" I whispered. He was never this bad. He usually only did it a few times and then would stop to catch his breath. I would always be there to help him, to stop him. But this time.... I wasn't. It wasn't as bad a a human cutting themselves because humans don't heal like werewolves do. He should be good as new by mornings.

He extended his fingers out, starting to scrape the blood from under them.then I saw something that caught my attention. Something was shining under his nail.

I ran up to him, he looked at me shocked as I grabbed his hand. I pulled it towards me, making him flinch. He pulled it back quickly.

"Cole..." He stuffed his bleeding palms into his pockets. Not meeting my gaze.

I looked at his arm. There were tons of lines running with blood. There were two normal lines, then a weird line and two more after. He used all five of his fingers to do it.

I looked at the middle of the pair of bleeding lines. He had at least 5 pairs of the five. The middle line looked... Different.

It looked infected.

"Cole" I reported, he snapped his head up, looking me in the eye. His nails were still extended, the middle finger on each of his were shining. He rested one on his skin. Shaking nervously.