Ep 34 - Coup d'etat [Ch. 7]

Naruto as Yoake. Shippuden starts now :)
•<>•<>•<>•
Naruto (16 years old)

Naruto and Jiraiya parted ways over three months prior, and Naruto was extremely grateful towards the sage.

Technically, Jiraiya was still a Leaf Village shinobi, so Naruto never told him who he actually was.

And Kurama made him wear a henge that could cover his appearance completely. Long red hair and brown eyes took its place on Naruto's face whenever he had to take off his mask. His hair piled a bit in front of his face, was spiked, and shoulder length.

Goddamn the hair is going to kill me one day.

He wanted his survival to stay a secret until the time when he really had no other choice. It was a necessary precaution he had to take. Besides, from what Naruto had taken from the Archives of the Leaf Village, Jiraiya was also once his father's teacher. One look at his real face would have given his identity away.

(Naruto would never admit it but having a new identity was fun as well.)

Ever since he had first put up the henge, he had never been out without the henge active. Especially if his mask, for any reason, was off. He usually did tie the mask around his waist often when he was traveling avoiding unnecessary attention.

Naruto would meet up daily with Jiraiya in different places. Jiraiya goes to another town, so does Naruto. Jiraiya never knows where Naruto was, but still trusted that he would show up whenever their designated time was.

They were fine with their arrangement, and it was a pretty fun time.

All the while, Naruto was making a name for himself as a new person, or a new member to the infamous Akatsuki.

There were many reformations in the Akatsuki, but most of the members still wanted the general fighting that usually came with their positions.

It was still nice, seeing how many of their members reform their thinking and try to take their minds off their need for revenge.

It was now more or less directed at making sure that they were as happy as they wanted to be. Their own well being.

As well as those who were in similar situations like theirs.

-

This time, there was a revolt in a small country. The lord of the area had supposedly been hoarding all of the money in town that the villagers had paid in taxes, and was living like royalty.

But whoever had stood up to the lord had always been publicly humiliated and then executed. They all wanted him dead, or in jail, along with the other people that had been cooperating with the lord. They didn't care if he was dead or alive, as long as his small army of well-trained soldiers was taken out and the lord arrested.

It was a pretty tempting offer, especially since their reward was a claim of a small piece of land from their town.

It would be useful to the Akatsuki.

The villagers had been seeking them out, and stumbled upon Naruto traveling alone. (Kurama counted as a partner at this point. And Naruto had insisted.) They had borderline begged for his help.

There really was no hesitation behind his accepting of the offer, but he really had to take the interest of the whole group into one.

Naruto really believed that the people of the town had to be the one to take down their biggest problem, not some foreigner. It would settle their mind a lot more. But that didn't say that he wasn't willing to help them in fighting.