Ep 41 - Circumstance

(Arc 7 - Infiltration - pt 2)
•<>•<>•<>•
Sasuke

Sasuke already knew that he would have to face the organization known as Root when he first had gotten the hint from the Snake Sannin's connection with it. Root had deep connections with Konoha, and was presumably the group that drove him out the village that night as well. He would have had to face them head on anyways, if he wanted to return safely.

Frankly, he hadn't been expecting to have a confrontation this early.

"Shimura Danzo, I presume? We were hoping for you to lend an ear to our requests." Naruto answered smoothly from beside him. Well, Naruto can bullshit his way through just about anything. Sasuke should just let him do all the talking. If anything, his own way of speech could give them away.

No one knows their real identity underneath the alias they went by. And they were going to use that fact to their advantage

"So, I wonder, why do two infamous nuke-nin like you seek me out?" There was a hint of intrigue and sick greed in his voice as he spoke. A sinister emotion swirls uncomfortably in Sasuke's stomach. This was the man that set literal assassins out on them. Who wouldn't hold a grudge?

With one swift movement before anyone else in the clearing could react, Naruto had pulled out the Akatsuki's signature cloak and threw it over his shoulders, slipping the sleeves over his arms. Seeing Naruto's intentions, Sasuke followed suit and pulled on his own cloak as well.

They hadn't been wearing them because the cloaks weren't inconspicuous. Well, that didn't matter here now. They'd already been busted, so there wasn't any harm in putting them on now.

They had only been met with a tense silence when the pair had donned the signature cloak. Naruto, as per usual, was the first to break the silence. A smirk grew on the (technically) blonde's face.

"How about we have a little chat?"

Danzo seemed to be skeptical at first, but eventually waved off most of the Root members that had surrounded them, probably as an act of courtesy for his guests. The old man probably still thought he had the upper hand in this battle. Well, it didn't matter. They'd already gotten what they needed. If anything, they could disappear this instant and no one could follow them even if they wanted to. Naruto could use the Harashin technique of the fourth Hokage.

But this was a problem they had already planned on cleaning up. What better time to do it than the opportunity that has presented itself?

Danzo stood before them with two remaining Root members on either side, most likely as a precaution since the man knew of their power as rogue shinobi. Especially since they were the Akatsuki, where every member was an S-Class danger level.

"So, what business does the Akatsuki have with us?" Danzo said. "Seeing as you've come this far just to see me." He ended with a frown.

Naruto's blood red hair seemed to visibly preen as a wide grin stretched across his face. Well, at least someone is enjoying this. "Orochimaru is dead."

Danzo frowned. "The Snake Sannin? What fate has befallen him poses no hindrance to me. Why did you see fit to inform me of this?"

Sasuke huffed. "Don't play dumb with us, we know he was collaborating with you."

"What we're here for is your assistance on a certain matter, we couldn't help but notice that you have an interesting force underneath your care." Sasuke could practically hear the smirk on Naruto's face as he continued to stare down the elder in front of them.

"So we propose an alliance, a contract between us. I'll bet you will benefit from such a relationship as much as we will. What do you say, Danzo Shimura?"