Chapter 5 - Backfired.

The plan that Christa told Roc was a good one indeed. He had wrote all of it down on a piece of paper, and planned to put the action in motion. Him and Christa came to good terms, and her work was done. The minute she was about to pull up, she seen a Black Nesan Maxima pull up to his home. She recognized the car, and slammed the door as she ran to Roc and Neveah.

“Roc. Chad is here!” She said in a rush.

“Fuck. Alright i’m gonna take Neveah upstairs.” He said picking her up, and heading upstairs. But before he even made his way up there, Neveah was having yet another fit.

“Mooomyyyy!” Neveah wailed violently. She didn’t want to leave her Aunt, or what she thought was her mother again. The memories she had without her were piercing through her heart.

“Neveah, she’ll be here later. I promise!” He said taking her upstairs.

“Mooooommmmyyyyy!” She continued to wail.

Christa locked the door to the upstairs room, then heard a loud bang on the front door. She opened it, and Chad had to take a double take to make sure that Christa wasn’t Trisha. The memories he had with her came back, and he didn’t give her a calm welcome.

“What do you want Chad?”

“Where is my daughter?” Chad demanded. “And how did you get here?”

“Neveah isn’t here right now-“

“Don’t give me that bullshit bitch I know she’s here! Where the fuck is she?”

This set Christa off. Even though she was Trisha’s identical twin, they were nothing alike. Christa wouldn’t tolerate being disrespected by any man, or anyone in general.

“Listen to me you drug addicted piece of shit..” Christa said in a smart tone.

“Christa I will knock your ass out if you don’t move!” He said putting his palm close to her face.

“Chad get your motherfucking hand out of my face.” She snapped as she put her index finger in his.

“Bitch make me!”

“I fight boys and girls and I will knock your little ass out, Chad!” She said, getting louder. “My niece is staying with me and that’s a promise, not a statement fuckwad.”

“And i’ll shoot your ass right here and leave you to rot on this grass!” Chad said as he lifted up his shirt to show her the gun he had on his side.

“Do it then. I dare you!” Christa snapped as she looked him in the eye.

Chad glared Christa angrily as her anger shot right back into his eyes. He looked at her, sniffed, then stepped off of the porch and into his car. He drove off, and Christa made sure he turned the other end of the block before she walked back inside, and locked the door.

“Coast is clear.” Christa said as Neveah and Roc came down the stairs. Neveah ran up to Christa, and wouldn’t let her go. She didn’t want to leave her no matter what.

“You wanna go with auntie to grandma’s house?” Christa said, looking down at her.

“Gaaama.” Neveah smiled.

“Alright. Come on let’s go.”

“Wait! You mean, she has to go?” Roc said in a sad tone.

“Yes. I don’t want her over here while Chad is popping up like this.” Christa snarled. “He’s crazy and I know that he is. I’m just the only one who has the balls to stand up to his scrawny ass.”