Chapter 25 - But how?

Neveah went on and became a dectective. She became one, so that she could get inside scoops on how to find missing people, and bodies. She really did it for Kylie so that everytime she got done with a case, she could attempt to find her sister, who was last seen 4 hours away from where she lived.

One year, turned into 2 years. And 2, turned into 3. And 3, turned into 5. 5 and a half years since her sister went missing, and she couldn’t find no sign of her. She was upset at the fact that her parents had declared her ‘legally’ dead, but at this point, she began to think that she was actually gone. The last and only sign that she had, were her cracked glasses, which was last on her face when she blacked out in the van.

By this time, Neveah was 22 years old. She had her own home, and she had kept pictures of Trisha, her dora doll, Kylie, her adoptive parents, Chad, her grandparents, Christa, and Roc all throughout the decorations of her home so that no matter what, she could never forget where she came from.

Then, there was a knock on the door. She answered it, and there were 2 detectives.

“Are you Neveah Landers?”

“Yes sir that’s me.” She smied. “What did you guys need?”

“We’ve arrested three men that tried to kidnap a few girls at another party, and they’re being held in custody.” The first detective said. “We just wanted to see if these three men looked like the men who looked like your assailants. We have a few pictures that we’d like to sh-“

“Are their names Danny, John, and Caden?” Neveah asked in a serious tone.

“Y-yeah?” Both officers said in confusion and shock as they looked at each other.

“You’ve got the right men.” She said angrily. “They did it. They abducted my sister, and they never told me where they were. Question them immediately. I can pick them out of a line-up, too. I’ll never forget how they look.”

The detective pulled out 3 line-ups, each containing one of the three men. Neveah picked out the suspects instantly, and the officers smiled as they shook each others hand, and prepared to make their way towards the car.

“I think we have our guys.” The second officer said.

“Thank you so much, Neveah. We’ll arrest these assholes for you.”

The detectives drove back to their office all the way back in Atlanta, and prepared to question the three. Caden and John had refused to answer any questions, and they both demanded a lawyer.

But Danny couldn’t hold it in. Simply because, he helped getting rid of her.

“Danny, we’d like to inform you tht you, John, and Caden are being charged with 10 counts of kidnapping, and the disappearance of Kylie Landers.” The first detective said. “We’ve had multiple women who were abducted, pick you and your little friends, out of a line up so you don’t have to worry about that. But what we are worried about, is what happened to Kylie Landers. And we know that you know.”

“I’ll tell you what happened to her, if you reduce my sentence to 20 years.” Danny mumbled as he sat in the chair.

“We’ll except, but everything has to be truthful that you’re saying, or the deal is off.” He responded.

“With what i’m about to say, you’ll know i’m telling the truth. Trust me.” Danny said in a serious tone.

“Go ahead.”

“Well, what happened was we kidnapped her and Neveah on the night that they went to the party. We told them that if they strip for us and make our money, they’d be able to go home. We wanted to make enough money so that my dad could have a home.”