Chapter 14 - Return to sender.

Roc and Christa froze at the TV screen, and didn’t move for 2 minutes straight. Roc muted the tv, then looked back at Christa. She still was staring at the tv, and she wasn’t moving.

“Baby…..”

Suddenly, Christa collapsed onto the floor from her bed. It made a loud thump noise, and Neveah wobbled over to her and kneeled down to her.

“Mommy!” Neveah squealed out of fear.

“Mommy’s fine, sweetheart.” Roc said crying, placing her back on the bed. “Mommy’s fine. Mommy’s gonna be okay.”

20 minutes later, the police tugged Laura out of the hospital as a crowd standing outside of the hospital began to boo and throw things at her. Laura however, loved the attention. She smiled and scoffed at the crowd, as they yelled vile and vicious things at her. They had a police line blocking the crowd from attacking her, and many people tried to get to her, but there were many security guards blocking her.

Suddenly, Christa screeched up on the corner, ran out of her car, and tackled her. It happened so fast, that police didn’t even see her coming. She grabbed Laura, but Laura couldn’t use anything but her legs to fight back. Laura kicked Christa hard in her face, causing her to fly back. She felt her nose, and blood was running out of her left nostril.

Still, Christa was more than ready to fight.

She grabbed Laura’s heel as she scrambled on the ground, and began to beat her with it. The heels were so sharp and pointy, that it was cutting up her face with each blow. 2 security guards ran up and grabbed Christa, but she was raging. She was so angry, that the 2 security guards couldn’t hold her down. One more security guard came in and held her back, as news reporters and cameramen filmed and flashed pictures. Christa was so angry, that her eyes were devilish red. She almost looked possessed.

“Get her, girl!” A girl hollered from the crowd. “Get her!”

“Bitch where is my baby?!” Christa screamed as she scrambled in the security guards arms.

“I’ll never tell you where your baby is!” Laura hollered as she laughed in her face, and was escorted by the officers. “Your baby will rot now bitch! I’m not saying shit until the police release me!”

“Let me go!” Christa shouted as she began to fight the security guards. The police came behind her and put her in handcuffs, and escorted her to jail also. The officers didn’t tolerate any violence towards other officers.”

They didn’t know, that Chad was watching the news also. He was feeding the baby, when he seen Christa and her fighting. Chad wasn’t moved, but the anger in Christa’s eyes scared him even though he wasn’t anywhere near her. He muted the tv, then looked at Darius as he split up the cocaine to sell.

“One more to kill.” Chad said. “I still haven’t forgotten about that 1st robber!”

“Chad what the fuck is wrong with you?” Darius said as he licked his thumb, and put his cocaine up. “This is a baby we’re talking about. Do you know what the police will do if they catch you?”

“Boy don’t I get away with all of this shit?” Chad laughed. “Quit spazzing out over everything I do. You’re becoming real paranoid and it’s starting to scare me, man. It’s making me think that you’re gonna snitch.”

“You know me better than that, Chad. I’m not gonna snitch on you, man.” Darius snarled. “But i’m telling you to have a conscience. You’re better than this, man. We both are.”

Chad looked at the baby, and it tried to move its undeveloped hands, but then it winded up folding back into its 6 month position. It was enjoying the bottle that was being fed to her, even though she wasn’t able to enjoy it. Chad sighed, then looked back up at Darius.