Chapter 24 - Without a trace.

Neveah had burst through the door with some horrible news. The good news was that Neveah was alive and okay, but Kylie was missing. Neveah couldn’t stop crying in the process. When a person cries for a long amount of time, the tears usually stop coming in for a while. But Neveah, they weren’t ending for her.

Christa ran out of her room to see what was going on, and there she was. 3 year old Neveah, but she was 13 years older. More developed, and taller. Christa gasped extremely hard and covered her mouth, and Neveah did the same. Here was her mother, her mom that she constantly looked at since she was 3. Yeah she had more wrinkles, but she hadn’t seen her in forever. They both ran and clashed into each other, and started to wail extremely loud.

“Mom!” Neveah weeped. “Oh my goodness. Mom..”

“Neveah, Neveah, Neveah….” She said, hugging her tightly as they rocked back and forth.

“She says that..she said that Kylie was killed..” Roc said lowly, shattering the moment. Christa’s face went from happy, to pokerface in an instant.

“What?”

“Kylie. They killed her.” Neveah said as she plopped on the couch, and buried her face inside of her arms.

“No. N-not my baby!” Christa hollered as she covered her face in her hands.

“Neveah.” Roc sighed as tears ran down his face and he rubbed her back. “How did..how did you guys get split up?”

“I don’t remember.” She wept. “We were in the car with the boss at the strip club, and he was taking us back to the hotel. Next thing you know he shoots a tranquilizer in my shoulder, and I hear Kylie say: “Neveah are you alright?” I black out, and i’m tied to the bed.”

“So how do you know that she’s dead?” Christa asked in a worried tone.

“When I woke up, Danny, John, and Caden said: “Kylie tried to fight back, and then they shot her and threw her into a river.” Neveah said. “I know she’s dead because she would’ve never split up from me! And no man or men wouldn’t have been able to stop her.”

Roc heard the news, and it shattered his world. He slid his face into his hands, and sighed out his frustration, rage, and tears. Christa’s cheeks had covered themselves with tears, and she sat on the couch and hugged them both. After fighting for their daughter and more, she was dead. This wasn’t good news, but it was good that at least one of them came out alive.

Later in the day, Christa found out that her husband was going to be doing ‘Open-Heart’ surgery, and usually those carry into the next day. Roc and Neveah was going to go home, but they decided to stay over Christa’s again while her mother kept Derion with her.

By night, Roc had slipped back into bed with Christa. They didn’t talk, they didn’t smile, they didn’t move, nothing. Roc just put his arm around Christa, and let her cry her eyes out on him until she fell asleep.

Neveah on the other hand, was observing the place that she once called home.

She looked around in Christa’s home, and seen how different things were, but she still remembered everything about the old home. The only difference is that, Christa only had pictures of her, her husband, and her son around the house.

Neveah had found a box in her basement, and it was taped down with her name on it. She figured that this was the things that Christa kept before she left. She smiled, and carried the heavy box all the way upstairs to the living room, and set it down. She muted the tv when she was watching Jersey shore, grabbed a knife, then slit the box open.