Overtime - part 9

(Had to fix this due to a plot mistake)

wow this series is getting long

i should really start packing more into a chapter, even if it takes longer, so expect more in less chapters.

and tysm for 500 reads !!! I'm so excited to continue this and I hope you are too.

ty for reading
——————————————————————

Ukraine sighed. Lifting himself off the ground with great struggle. But eventually, with the help of the kitchen counter, he managed to heave his broken body up.

Not feeling thirsty anymore, he poured the rest of the can down the sink. Watching silently as the lime green liquid fizzed and swirled together, until it was inevitably caught and sucked down the drain.

He was about to walk up the stairs and leave, back to his room where he could cry and morn the loss of his beloved once again. But a voice from behind stopped him.

-

"Ukraine."
Germany cleared his throat. Successfully catching the tallers attention.
"May I speak to you for a moment ?"

Ukraine stopped for a few seconds, but sighed. He followed Germany to the kitchen table and sat down.

"What is it."

"I just needed some answers. About why we're here. And why Russland hates you so much."

Ukraine growled at the nickname. Russland. It made him sound so harmless.

"I'm really not in the mood for this, lower class."

"My name is Germany. And you aren't leaving until I get what I want. Speak."

He raised an eyebrow. Almost amazed by the smallers courage. Being with russ really gave him an ego boost. At least that was what Ukraine thought.

"Okay. 'Germany'.. I'll tell you what I know."
He said mockingly. Not even caring if Russia came home to see this. He wouldn't care if he was killed. He had nothing to live for.
"Russ and I always had a dislike for one another. But he hates me for trying to break out of here."
It was hard to swallow his tears at the memories, but he managed just fine, as he had explained this hundreds of times before. Germany waited impatiently for him to speak.
"With Canada. We were dating at the time, but nobody else knew about it."
He didn't face Germany.
"Anyway.. he found out. And.. Canada was killed on the spot. As you should know, Canada is brother to America."

He paused to take a deep breath. Sighing and letting it out as Germany drummed his fingers on the table.

"America and Russ were always fighting, over the regions of the city and who owns them. But Canada's death was just the excuse they needed to start a war. US bombed our mansion, the store, and some other unimportant parts of the city. Like your place-"

"What-?! But why- USSR controls the boarders, doesn't he- ? and he promised his people he wouldn't let-"

He stopped mid sentence at Ukraine's laughing.
"You kidding ? That fuckers been as dead as a doorknob for years now ! Oh, it's almost amazing how little your kind knows."
He laughed and wiped a tear that was pricking from the corner of his eye.

"But how-"

"Russia must have been ordering the troops under soviets name. I thought you would've known by now. The generals said they'd tell the lower classes, but I guess they had better things to do."
Now looking completely cheered up at the memory of his fathers death, Ukraine stood up.
"Man, I should talk to you more often. The amount of shit you pretend to understand is hilarious."
He snickered again and shoved his chair back into place.

Germany shot out up. Clearly furious. Making Ukraine snicker again. He wafted his hand to dismiss him and walked towards the door, stopping to look at the smaller once more.

"If you're gonna go whine to russ about this, tell him Maria said it."

And with that, he left.

————————————————————————

Germany growled. It wasn't just Russia he was mad at, but everyone here. They were all disgusting. It made his skin crawl.

How many people would be killed if something like this happened ? Millions. Not only that, but most, if not all, of the soldiers forced to participate would be wiped out from bombs dropping at the same time as their troops.

Because of Canada's death, millions of people were dead. Yet the upper classes were laughing and joking about it as if it weren't anything more than a few filthy ants being squashed.

After a bit more whispering and asking around, he found more answers.
"Most of the funds kept to rebuild the city were used towards sir Canada's funeral."
That's what he got from an office worker at the front of the building.

"Mhm. And I am quite sure the buildings of sector 7 (Germany's region) were knocked down and covered in a layer of cement. I heard they didn't even clear the bodies out first. But I guess it's for the better. I don't even know what we'd do with.. that.."
She mumbled. The lady gave a small disgusted sneer at the thought, glad they were gone. Those rats only infected the good reputation of their rich city. Ger just nodded and thanked her, walking off to be mad and shocked elsewhere. The people he spoke to didn't know who Germany was, but he looked like an upperclassmen, so they happily answered his questions.

Only because he was one of them now, was he allowed to say what he wanted.

——————————————————————

Again, he found himself sitting on the bed, waiting for the door. But this time fear was beginning to overcome him.

This wasn't a game anymore.

This was serious.

The more he heard the more he realised Russia was a seriously dangerous person. He knew it from the start, but not nearly to this degree.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps from outside. Germany felt his throat turn dry as it became louder. He gripped onto the bedsheets and held his breath.

Where did all his confidence go ?

There was a fiddle from the perfectly rounded doorknob, making the smaller shuffle back.

He didn't know what he was doing. This wasn't who he was.

"Hey, ger. I'm back."

Russia expected to see the smaller in bed, reading. Those honey chocolate eyes concentrating heavily on the paper in front of him, lost in the story and oblivious to what was around him.
But this time, he was sitting there, looking at Russ with pure terror. Like when they first met, but amplified.
It didn't take an idiot to figure out what had happened.

His throat was dry, lungs were out of air and his head was spinning. Germany desperately tried to say something, yet nothing came out. He was well and truly terrified. But there wasn't anything he could do to stop it.

Russia put his bag down and stepped towards him, eyes narrowed as the smaller tensed up.

Quietly, Germany took a shaky breath and shuffled a bit further away, gripping onto the bedsheets.

"Russland. What... what happened with sector 7."

—————————————————————

honestly i really don't like this chapter

it took so long but i couldn't fix it

next chapter should be better hopefully

i wanted it to be longer but eh