Overtime part 12

Thank you so much to @yej_in and @fnaduppet for the amazing ideas and support. reading your comments really makes my day.

————————————————————-

Germany whimpered and collapsed against the wall. Silently curling up to hide his face from the blaring lights and cruel world outside.

But where was he supposed to go ? The only places he was allowed access to was the bedroom, hall and front kitchen. There was no way of escape, no way of freedom, of the happiness he once had

Tears threatened to fall down his pale, scared face. He didn't want to be here anymore. He wanted to go home. Back to his office job, back to his life. He was sick of being cooped up here.

Finally, after three years, he broke down. He couldn't stop it anymore. Uncontrollable waves of trembling and sobbing came over him, yet nobody helped.

He had never felt this alone before.

-

"Mghhh..."

Russia yawned and stretched out. Letting out a relaxed sigh as his body cracked and woke up from the reviving slumber. The damp cloth was still resting on his forehead, reminding him of his Germany's presence.

Speaking of Germany, where was he ? He should've been in his room by now, like before.

Thankfully, it didn't take long to find him. His beloved was curled up against the wall, head tucked into his knees.

He was... crying ? No, he wasn't. He was sleeping. Sleeping against the wall with tear stained cheeks. He couldn't tell how long he had been out there.

The sight made his heart sink, it really did. He cared about his people and loved ones despite being a criminal. It was his only weakness, really.

"Ger...."

He whispered sadly, softly scooping the smaller into his arms. Germany's mop of messy brown hair rested against his shoulder, hiding his calm, yet upset expression.

The smaller snuggled closer in as a kiss was planted on his forehead, it made russ smile. Genuinely smile. He really did love ger, he was sure of it now.

The fragile boy was placed gently on the couch, covered in blankets, and kissed goodnight. Russ soon joined by flopping down beside him and wrapping his arms around Germany's shoulders.

But instead of cuddling closer to the warmth, as he usually did, he flinched away and rolled onto his back. Face winced as if he was in pain. Pain clearly coming from his shoulder.

Russia narrowed his eyes and sat up. Rightfully concerned and confused.

His hands reached down to the buttons on his clean white shirt before slowly undoing it. Trying his absolute hardest not to wake Ger up so he could get a good look. Russ moved down his stomach until the buttons were undone. He slipped his thumb into the crook of his tie and softly untied that too.

Somehow, through all of that. Germany stayed asleep.

Russ took a soft inhale to calm down before continuing. He pinched the edge of his shirt and slowly raised it up, until his shoulder was revealed.

His creamy white skin was no longer clear. His entire shoulder was stained purple with bruises, with spots of blue and reddish maroon patterning his sore skin.

Russ took a second to process it. Where did this all come from ? It looked new, like it was done today.

Did someone hurt him ? If so, who ? Maybe the servants, or his siblings. But how ? It seemed repetitive, like he was hit in the same place multiple times. Yet his bones all seemed to be intact.

Russ traced a finger down the bruise. Whoever did it used something blunt, hard, as he hadn't broken any skin and it was organised into a rectangular-ish shape.

He didn't know why Germany hadn't told him sooner. He could've dealt with this and prevented this.

"Germany."

"Germany. Wake up."

"What..."
He woke up to the uncomfortable feeling of cold air against his chest. It made him shiver a little.

"What happened ?"