Chapter 1

Wooyoung stepped out of his apartment, checking a last time the long list he completed some time ago. He still remembered the intense dread that engulfed him that one time when he didn't have any glue left right before his deadline, and was dead set on keeping it an isolated incident. Life as a future architect had enough challenges in itself. His last year of school was starting very soon, and this time, he would be prepared.

Grip tight around his bag, his eyes were still roaming the list when a grunting coming from the end of the corridor startled him. He stood there as a guy around his age dragged painfully a huge box with thick tubes poking out and a "SAN ♡" written on top of it with a black sharpie. That's when Wooyoung realized that the door next to his was wide open, a fresh and clean scent coming out of the empty apartment.

So someone was going to be his neighbor. The place had been vacant throughout last year, and as he was the last room in the hallway, he never had to worry about noise. It was a building made for students going to the nearby universities, and the city was quickly expanding, so it was a little miracle that his peace was maintained so long. Wooyoung wasn't the kind of people to seek others when it came to neighbors. In fact, after a full year of living here, he still wasn't sure of who lived on this floor. He did see this girl once getting home when he left for school, but who knows if she left during the break. So when he was faced with this newcomer, he considered doing the obvious, and put on his earbuds to avoid interaction and slightly nod to acknowledge his presence in passing. However, the poor guy struggled so much, and that box seemed so ridiculously heavy, that he put his list back in his pocket and went to him.

"Hey, you need any help ? I'm the neighbor."

He turned sharply, strengthening himself as if he was startled, and Wooyoung couldn't help but notice how elegant this move was ; the control of his body, the clean curve of his rotation, the subtle detail of his feet readjusting without fumbling. Everything felt deliberate, and he didn't know if he liked it. The guy - San ? - smiled, his eyes turning into two happy slits, moving to shake his hand, and that made him conclude that he didn't like it, he loved it.

"Hey ! I'm San. And I'm also very lucky, if you mean that I'm going to see your handsome face every day from now."

And he winked.

He hated it.

Wooyoung ended abruptly the handshake, but San didn't seem to mind. Great, just great. His first interaction after a year of nothingness, and it was with a player. He shouldn't have stopped. Now every time he was going to see him in the lobby there would be this awkwardness from being hit on floating around. That was not what he needed after a long day of exhausting work.

"Sorry, I've got things to do", he muttered, getting away feeling like an asshole after offering his help.

He felt the blinding smile radiating in his back.

"Okay, you know where to find me ! Oh by the way, what's your na-"

The doors of the elevator closed behind him, muting the end of his question. Wooyoung banged his head against the mirror in rhythm with the ticking of the floors.

Of course he had to be the grumpy panicked type and not the blushing one. A cute guy comes to live next to him, compliments him, and he finds nothing else to do than give him the cold shoulder. Real social skills here.

"Good job, Wooyoung, very cool", he muttered to his reflection.