Epilogue

Wooyoung was cooking some ramen on the stove when his door opened. San came in, letting his bag fall on the ground with a grunt, and Wooyoung could see him spread his arms in front of the little fan, slowly rotating so that he would cool down on both sides.

"Hi", said San, getting rid of his shirt in a desperate attempt to get colder.

"Hi. I told you you shouldn't go out with a jacket this morning", chuckled Wooyoung.

"I wasn't even wearing it past eight ! It's just too hot outside !"

"So, how was your first day of internship ? Is your boss better than the last or should Yeosang and your parents team up again to ruin him ?"

"It was fine", he smiled, draping himself over Wooyoung. "What are you cooking ?"

"Ramen. Not a big surprise, is it ?"

"Still good by me. Hey, you wanna see something beautiful ?"

"Sure, wha-"

San pulled out a mirror, angling it so that it would reflect his confused face. After a second of disbelief, he snorted, San rubbing his head against his cheek, victorious.

"You'll really never change", Wooyoung laughed, taking away his mirror.

"I'll stop when you stop being this stunning."

"I can't believe you could say that while looking like you do. Look who's talking, seriously."

"You're comparing a mere mortal to a deity ? I'm not worthy."

Wooyoung lifted his leg like he was about to kick him, and San retreated on the side, giggling.

"What about you ?" he asked, planting a kiss on his cheek before putting his arms around his waist. "How was your day ?"

"Fine, I sent some applications, got a bit more done regarding the state of the humongous pile of clothes we've got to wash, we should be good for now."

"I'm sure you'll get something soon", he smiled, chin on his shoulder. "Just make sure to be free for the wedding day."

"What kind of son-in-law would miss it ? Plus, I'm pretty sure Hongjoong would skin me alive."

"Don't be so dramatic, he loves you."

"Maybe, but he also loves when his hours of planning the tables don't go down the drain and I don't want to know which one is stronger."

"Let's not test your luck. But hey, worst case scenario, mom will be there to patch you up !"

"Or hide the body", he added, turning down the heat as the water was dangerously close to spill.

San didn't answer, playing with the hem of Wooyoung's shirt. Only then did he notice how tense he was. Like a reflex, his hand let go of the pot handle to soothe his hair.

"Something wrong ?" he asked, worried.

"No, it's just... I was thinking about the end of our lease."

"Right, it's getting really close now."

"And I was wondering if you ever thought about having a roommate ?" he muttered, voice muffled against his shoulder.

Wooyoung opened his mouth, only to close it again. He had kind of forgotten that they didn't technically live together. Sure, they had each other's spare key, always came back on the same apartment, switching from time to time, and they had so much of each other's stuff that the original resident was impossible to guess, but it was still their two little apartments. The thought of them in a real apartment, with a bedroom closed off from the kitchen, with maybe something as superfluous as a couch, where they could play video games on a TV that didn't need constant removing to be able to work, was incredible. They could afford it with the cost split between them. And it would be their home. Where San would be every time he came back. Every night. Every morning.

"... Should we look for our next place together ?" he suggested, putting a hand over his anxiously twirling the fabric.

"I'd like to", he nodded, relaxing against him.

Was he nervous because he thought he might get rejected ? Wooyoung found it ridiculous. As if he could say no to more San.

"We should find one that allows animals", said San, finding his smile again. "I want to get a cat."

"A cat ? But dogs are better", he objected.

"But cats are so cool !"

"Dogs care about you !"

"Well I guess our only option is to get both then."

Wooyoung shook his head, turning off the stove, but he wasn't annoyed. He had San against him, a warm dinner right before him, and a new life made of, if he was lucky, a stable job to pay for a new apartment. One that would be theirs. Picking up his hand, he kissed his fingers, San sighing contently, and he allowed himself to be once again swept by how right it felt, how happy it made him, how much he loved him.

If his studies had taught him anything, it was to get good foundations if you wanted to build something. And with San, he knew that he would build nothing more stable in his life.

His home.

___

Hey, thanks everyone for reading so far. I hope you had a good time. Stay safe, and don't forget that you're enough and worthy. Have a nice day ❤️