Chapter 10

The screen besides him lit up with a vibration. The familiar sound made Wooyoung smile, and he finished the line of his wall before picking it up.

"GO TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!"

He chuckled, quickly answering.

"nah"

"I SAID !!!!! GO TO SLEEEEP !!! OR ELSE!!!!!!!"

He liked it when San texted him in the middle of the night because he just knew that he'd still be working. It felt like he cared, when he really didn't have to.

"make me"

He imagined him, pouting, doing his puppy eyes that made him break every time he tried it on him. San was a dangerous man. He was starting on another wall when the vibration distracted him.

It wasn't a text.

San, pouting, making puppy eyes, pixelated from the bad light his bedside lamp shone on him and surrounded by the stuffed animals on his bed.

It broke Wooyoung.

His fingers hovering on the screen, he swallowed. Hard. He closed his eyes, counted to ten, opened them. The photo was still looking at him. He grit his teeth. Slowly expired.

Hit save.

"you cheater."

"Did it work??!! UwU"

Wooyoung sighed and got up from his desk. It was no use, now his mind had been corrupted and he would never be able to focus again. So he got to bed, laid down in his pajamas, and pondered. Lifted his phone. Angled it. Judged it. Showed a bit more his jawline. There. Perfect. He might as well have a taste of his own medicine. And... Send.

"it did. goodnight"

"AZEU7RUFYIFLFPSTIYDOXM

WOOYOUNG

HOW COULD YOU

I WAS HELPING YOU

CARING FOR YOUR HEALTH

AND WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN

DEATH

PAINFUL

P A I N F U L

D E A T H

NO HUMAN COULD WITHSTAND THESE GODLY LOOKS

I WON'T EVER BE ABLE TO UNSEE THIS JAWLINE I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD OF YOU

YOU RUINED ME WOOYOUNG

YOU HEAR ME

RUINED"

Wooyoung looked at the notifications multiplying, half smiling, but something wasn't there. He knew that every time he went on a rant like that, it was for comedic effect. He knew his potential, so he also knew that he wasn't making fun of him, but that's the only way he talked about his appearance. With a lot of violins playing in the background and a dramatic pose. It was like that since day one, and maybe that was the issue. This is how it started. This is what it was. Things you said to flirt without really thinking about it, because it's flattering. And it bothered him. It really did.

"gonna sleep now. good night san"

"Good night. Don't worry about your work, you can still do it in the morning. I know you can make it."

And that... That was real. Very real. He smiled, looking once more at the selfie he saved.

"thanks. for, you know, everything."

"♡"

And who cared about those empty words, when he had that kind of real.