29

nina and ashlyn made their way to school together

nina and ashlyn made their way to school together. the car ride was taken over by a comfortable silence, neither of them wanting to talk because it would lead to them talking about nina's moms.

once they got to the school, they made their way to each of their lockers and as nina made her way to hers, she saw ricky standing in front of it, on his phone.

a sad smile grew on her face as she walked up to the boy and when he saw her he put his phone in his pocket and gave her a smile back.

she went in for a hug and she stayed there to let him comfort her for a couple minutes.

"good morning," he said.

"morning," she replied, still in his embrace.

"you okay? seb told me everything that happened."

"yea," she pulled away from their hug, "i'm sorry i didn't tell you, i was kinda busy ignoring everyone."

"it's okay, i know it's a lot."

"is it a bad time to tell you my moms wanna meet you?"

his eyes widened as nerves washed through his body, "they wanna meet me?"

"yea, they wanna meet everyone but i didn't want to put the others through hell so i kinda just tried to compromise and now they just wanna meet you."

"uh..."

"please," she pouted.

"i mean, where-"

"at your house? maybe for dinner tonight?" nina suggested, "would lynne and mike mind? i don't want them to hate me."

"nothing you do will make them hate you."

nina smiled, grateful that there was the bowen family she could rely on.

"um, sure?" ricky hesitated, "they've been wanting to meet your moms."

"oh no, their expectations are gonna be high, aren't they?"

"i'll tell them to tone it down," ricky chuckled.

"okay," she smiled.

the bell rang making them end their exchange to head to class. they walked into their chemistry class and again, they sat next to each other in the back of the classroom while red and kourtney sat in the front.

+