Where do We Go From Here

"Hi Emily," said JJ from the other end of the phone. Hearing her voice was like coming up for fresh air. It gave me chills all over my body. "Hey, what are you doing up this late?" I said barely awake myself. It was 3:30 in the morning, and Will was there. So what was she doing calling me so late? We hadn't really talked about what happened in Massachusetts, and our night together. Work kept us so busy, she probably barely had time to think about it. "I was just laying here thinking about you, and I needed to hear your voice." she said. I couldn't help but smile when she said that, because I was thinking of her too; always. "I need to tell you something Em." she said. "Anything JJ," I replied. We sat on the phone in silence for several moments. I couldn't take the silence anymore so I asked, "what is it JJ? You know you can talk to me." I could hear her take a deep breath, and the finally she spoke. "I ended things with Will." My heart stopped. I had no words. JJ left Will, and I had no clue what that meant for us. If that meant anything at all. "Say something Emily," she said impatiently. I couldn't find the words to say. I never wanted her to end her relationship because of me. "I couldn't do it to him anymore. It's not fair to him. It's not fair to let him think I'm his, when we both know I'm yours," she said not being able to take the silence anymore. "I love you." I said. It was the only thing I could think of to say. Did I even mean it? "At least, I think I love you. I want to fall so hopelessly in love with you Jennifer Jareau." I heard her choke back tears. "You do?" she said. She was crying now. "Come over right now." I said and hung up the phone.

Twenty minutes later there was a knock on my door. I ran to answer it. I opened the door and there was JJ. She was wearing a big t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Even in pajamas she looked amazing. I pulled her into my loft and pulled her close to me. I brushed my hand across her cheek and cradled her face. She leaned into my hand. I gently grabbed her face, kissing her. She wrapped both of her arms around my neck and kissed me back. We made our way to my couch, kissing our way down. I was hovering on top of her, and she took my tank top off. She put her mouth on my breast and licked my nipple with her tongue. I moaned and pulled her up so I could take off her shirt. Within a matter of seconds we were both naked. I kissed her neck. She pulled my hair. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me, sticking my finger inside of her. She arched her back and pushed my hand in harder. I wanted to be gentle with her. I kissed her softly making my way in and out of her. Her whole body was shaking. She dug her nails into my back as she came. "God Emily," she said as she sat up and kissed me hard. She got on top of me. We were tangled up on my sofa, our bodies moving together, synced perfectly. "I want you so bad," I said to her as she kissed me from my neck all of the way down.

We made love until the sun came up.