Nightmares ~ Nico

"I have to be partners with him?" I asked, grumbling. Percy nodded and I sulked towards Leo Valdez.

"He's not that bad. Give him a chance, neeks,"

I grumbled but we started Argo family games. Why did it have to be couples? Couldn't it be siblings or something. Me and hazel would be perfectly fine, Frank and Percy already love each other, jason somehow tolerated Leo, and piper and Annabeth would make a great team.

But why listen to my ideas when you could suck each other's face off and leave me and Leo to 'give each other a chance'

What a joke.

I mean look at the guy, how were you supposed to get along with an elf? A literal elf! He had pale skin but not pale enough, almost like his skin itself was mocking my pale underworld skin.

Then his curly hair. Why was it so damn curly? Was he incapable of brushing it? And his elfish ears weren't human.

And what about his personality? You don't need to make everyone smile every time, you could just leave them to their depression.

Ugh, we started the game anyways.

Leo went up to the white board and started drawing a blond, a sloth with pizza, and a pink Percy.

Thankfully, he was good at drawing and I could easily guess what it was.

"Annabeth turned Percy pink and frank pineapple juice with pink lips and laughed with a sloth with pizza floating over her head!" I shouted.

Leo smiled and erased it. His smile somehow made him seem almost......beautiful. Hiding a blush I turned my attention back towards the game.

Pizza with a blond boy floating above it, a pineapple paddle in his hand while a merman swims in a cherry juice sea.

"Jason floating next to giant pizza with a pineapple paddle while Percy as a merman is swimming in a cherry juice sea!"

Leo's smile brighten and heat rose to my cheeks quicker than I liked. The game ended soon—me and Leo completely obliterating the others—Leo walked me to my room.

"You know Di Angelo, your not that bad," Leo smiled.

"Your not so bad yourself,"

I went into my room and saw that Will was IMing me so I answered, a goofy grin on my face.

~{}~

"I'll be back. I swear on the river styx,"

Those were my last words to Leo Valdez. Then my hands slipped, and I fell down once again.

It was different than before; this time I had a reason to come out. This time there was someone waiting for me.

The fall seemed to last forever, and I stumbled to the bottom when I made it. The monsters kept coming, and by the end of ten years, I was emotionally and physically destroyed.

I was starting to wonder if there was a way to end it, a way to forget everything. And then I saw it.

The river Lethe was for people like me; people who only no pain. And maybe if I jumped in, I wouldn't have to swim back out.

Slowly I stumbled in, "I'm sorry Leo,"

~{}~

I summoned skeletons after skeletons, stabbing anyone who came close to me. Everyone else had people with them, yet I was alone.