Haldi!!!!!

The firstlight of the day had just started to spread its streamers of radiance inside the house

The house was well decorated with choicest beautiful flowers everywhere...
The flowers along with incense sticks were filling the house with its special peaceful fragrance as much as they can...
The place was high on sound with devotional songs hitting all ears to come out of the early morning dozy mood...
Added to it were voices and shouts of people who were busy with their individual assigned works roaming around the house at full tilt , gave the high spirits for the rest of the day...
The loud giggles of ladies from the backyard  complemented the function ambiance so well whereas the gents were no where found at the place just like a restricted area...

Over to the backyard...

There was a panthal made up to cover the happenings from outsiders as the first auspicious ceremony of marriage was about to start in sometime...
It is a beautiful one where bride will be applied with a paste prepared by ladies of home just to make her skin glow and shine followed by a ceremonial bath...
It was also for lessening stress of the bride and giving positive vibes for the entire marriage day...

And for that...

A big barrel of water was placed alongside the chair which was placed on the center...
A wide container with a paste of turmeric,  fresh rose water, milk, oil, sandalwood powder and lemon juice was ready to be anointed on her...

Her...

Mullai...

The happy and contented bride to be...

She was taken to the backyard and made to sit on the chair...
She was dressed up in a bright yellow skirt and a matching yellow top and accessories...
Her hair was splaying out her shoulders and few strands playing with her forehead...
The dark red mehandi on her hands, her crimson cheeks, wide smile on her lips and eyes full of bliss was a real treat to watch...
The enthusiasm and ecstasy was very much obvious in every move of her which contagiously spread to the eyes witnessing them...

P : arambikalaama...

Chorus : ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....  naangalum arambikarom....

M : inum...

Suj : nee pesama ukaaru.... engaluku theriyum...

Kas mom : arambichudalam parvathi... neram aachu...

P : sari athachi... neenga mudhala panunga...

Kasthuri's mom started with the first custom of applying the paste to mullai's cheeks using the mango leaves...

Mullai twitched a little with the touch of the chilled paste on her skin...

M : acho chill nu iruku...

Man : December maasathula kalyanam vecha ipadi than...

Kas : athum oru vagaila nallathu than eh de...