Chapter 4.1 B

B. Investigate at Boran

I was able to find a peaceful place around the Academy of Boran to walk around

I was able to find a peaceful place around the Academy of Boran to walk around. It was a mini forest inside the Academy. Pinasok ko ito para maglakad-lakad.

I was even tiptoeing around the dead leaves in the ground while humming a song. Ngunit agad akong napatigil nang may marinig na kaluskos.

I looked behind me if there was anyone following me but there was none. Ngunit pagharap ko ay may isang lalaking nakatayo sa daraanan ko. Napapitlag ako sa gulat dahil dito.

He's wearing a black hoody and his cunning eyes are staring deep into mine, a menacing smirk plastered on his face.

"So, you came for me," he said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Why is Priam helping you? Do you really think he saved you?" Mas lalong lumaki ang ngisi sa labi niya.

"What do you mean? Tinutulungan ako ni Priam para malaman ang–"

"Don't you know, helping isn't Priam's thing? Sino ka para tulungan niya?" He's kicking the dead leaves under his feet while talking to me.

Napatahimik ako sandali. Trying to think back the reason why Priam and I ended up here.

"He saved me–"

"Saved you? You're such a damsel in distress, aren't you?" He then chuckled. "Do you really think he's saving you? Saving you or covering up something?" he added.

"Stop playing with my mind with your words. You're a stanger. Who are you and what the hell do you mean?" I asked in annoyance.

"Whoa, you won't get to the bottom of this with that attitude." He shook his head as if he's disappointed with me. "I don't have much time for story-telling. Why not come back here some other time and I'll be here with everything you need to know?"

"Who are you?!" I asked out of frustration.

"I'm Lothaire and I'll bring you truth," he said and then disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyayari. Saan ba papunta ang lahat ng ito? Parang nadadagdagan lang ang mga tanong ko sa bawat pagdating ng araw at paglubog ng buwan.

At si Priam. Hindi pa din nasasagot lahat ng katanungan ko tungkol sa kanya. Hindi ko na alam kung kanino ako tunay na maniniwala.

• • •

Kinabukasan, nakita ko si Priam na naga-almusal sa cafeteria, tila may iniisip ito kaya hindi niya agad napansin ang pagpasok ko. Hindi ko na dapat siya lalapitan ngunit bago pa 'ko makalabas ng cafeteria para sana sa kwarto na lang kumain ay tinawag niya 'ko.

"May pupuntahan tayo ngayon. I received a tip from the council that a victim survivor is residing here in Boran," pahayag niya. "Let's see what information we can get from that person." I just nodded. He looked at me as if waiting for me to say something. Tumalikod ako para bumalik na sa kwarto. But I heard him call me again.