Chapter 4.2 A

A. Fabrice

An earful screech from the railway woke me up

An earful screech from the railway woke me up. We finally arrived in Fabrice. When Venice stood up, Priam and I followed. Silence reign through our journey to Venice's mansion.

Seems like these two seldom talk, but the moment they speak, their conversation went on something I couldn't relate with. Charm, manifestation, council and etcetera. My silence took me somewhere else, admiring the beauty of Fabrice and the place where Venice's mansion is located. I want to see the whole town with my own eyes.

Oh, European inspired. Looks like Venice's personality reflects on her mansion.

"Rest first, we'll talk later," said Venice ready to ascend on her grand staircase.

"Let's go, April."

I shook my head. "You go first, I want to see the place."

"I'll change then we can go toget--"

"No, Priam. I'll be fine, you rest. I'm sure you're tired." I run before he could answer.

Unexpectedly, the place is more colorful than Van Zanth. More alive and more free. I never get tired of walking and enjoying the view. Until I saw a dark road that leads to a place where people are ignoring, it has fence that says warning but who cares?

If curiosity kills the cat, I'm a dog. My eyes wandered in awe, darkness failed its job because this place is even more beautiful than the central town. It's abandoned and deserted. This more like a forgotten plaza, and wild garden with full of different unfamiliar flowers. The parched fountain made the place enchanted and odd.

I'll tell Priam about this place, and ask him to go here with me during daytime. Maybe, it would be more beautiful when sun is out.

"So, you came for me. Why is Priam helping you, by the way?"

Lothaire? What is he doing here? He's on the tree, sitting.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Oh, do you really think that he saved you from me, April?" with the help of the moon, I can see how Lothaire could make you feel danger and assurance at the same time.

"Why are saying these all of a sudden? Don't trick me with your lies."

"Oh, April. You should have known that Priam isn't into helping the weaklings, right? What makes you think that he's helping you by the way? Wait." He adjusted his position, then he jumped and successfully landed in front of me with his playful but serious grin.

"What about I'll give you a piece of tiny truth? What if Priam's covering something and these were just part of his wicked plan?"

I stilled. Thinking about Priam using me for his own good making me feel that this really just for a show. We've been together for weeks, but I only knew few information about him. He's sometimes unpredictable, sometimes cunning and most of the time secretive and annoying. I am having a hard time understanding him when we talk, but come to think of it, he's always asking if I remember something from the past, or if I'm slowly regaining my memories.