Chapter 2

Luke entered the quiet classroom. He looked up and saw Donna sitting at her desk, engrossed in reading what he presumed were test papers. He knocked softly on the door and Donna looked up to see who was disturbing her when her face lit up.

''Luke,'' she squealed in excitement as she ran from behind her desk and into his strong arms.

''How are you? What are you doing here? Where have you been? How is work?'' she asked all at once.

''Woooo..... slow down. I'm great, I came for a visit and to talk about Abby, where I've been is confidential and I'm great,'' he said answering all her questions.

She grinned at him.

''You were always the sharpest knife in the drawer,'' she said.

''I try my best''

''I thought Angel was to come about Abby,'' she said.

''She was, but I decided that since I was in town why not come for a visit? Killing two birds with one stone was the terminology. You look great Donna. How are Josh and the babies?''

''They're great. Claire is four and Paige is one''

''Sounds like you and Josh have your hands full''

''Yeah. But it's fun and pleasing to be with family and Josh does so much,'' she sighed, auviously overwhelmed with love for her family.

Luke quickly changed the subject. H e loved Josh and his wife as if they were his own family but it was never an easy issue for him to discuss, especially after having lost his own family except his sister and neice.

''so what's up with Abby?'' he asked.

''Well she has changed and I'm worried abut her. She had been doing so well until she started keeping the wrong companies. She started bulling those she used to help, her grades are falling and she is rude and late,'' she said frowning.

''I'll talk to her and find out what the problem is so don't worrry. Now, what can you tell me about Maya Springfield? I bumped into her a while ago''

''Literally?''

''Literally''

''Well, as you may have noticed, she is always distracted except when she is teaching. She seems to love doing it and love the students. I've heard that she has had a messy childhood. Her father died when she was five. That's all I know about her. She hardly speaks to anyone and I don't think she has many friends- if any''

''Lonely abused girl?''

''Beats me''.

He left Donna's classroom half an hour later feeling far from knowing who Maya Springfield was but he still had a feeling that he knew her somehow..... Another lifetime.