Chapter 9.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I wasn't feeling good and I was hella busy. But I tried to make this chapter longer, hope you guys like it. And thank you for 6.5k! 

~~~

I woke up to my alarm yelling at me to get up. It was 6:30am. I hit the off button and slept another hour. 

~an hour later~

I felt someone pull the covers off of me and chills ran down my spine. I sat up rubbing my arms to warm back up. 

"If you don't get up you are going to be late." Luke scolded while shaking his head.

"And your point being." I said falling back into the bed. 

"School... or band??" he said suggesting I skipped school. 

"yeah no, not skipping school, Mom said that if I had skipped school again I was going to be grounded for life." I said crossing my arms.

"Wait. WHAT! You skipped school? What did you do?" He asked jumping up and down on the bed like a child.

"I- I don't remember." I said scratching the back of my  head. "It had something to do with the bus breaking down." 

"Oh come on I thought you were better then that. Have you done anything rebellious?" He said giving me a disappointed look.  

"What why are you encouraging this? Aren't you supposed to be telling me not to do things like be rebellious?" I asked seriously confused.

"Yeah, but I also have to tell you to live!" He said sitting next to me. 

"Aww. That's sweet. I don't do sweet early in the morning. Now get out so I can change." I said shaking my head and pointing to the door.

~at school~ 

"Hey Flynn, Julie!" I called catching up to them. 

"Katie why didn't you tell me that you were in a band with Julie?" Flynn asked crossing her arms.

"Well you see-" 

"She knows they are dead." Julie said cutting me off. 

"Oh okay... anyway, the brunette Luke, he is my brother. And I didn't know that they were a band, I was just playing for support." I said giving them both confused glances. 

"Well everyone thinks that you are in their band! And that's so cool, but I knew it from the start." Flynn said flipping her hair like she knew all along, which lets be honest she probably did.  

I shook my head as we continued to talk and walk to class. They both waved goodbye and we went in separate directions. 

"What if I did skip class?" I asked myself holding my books close to my chest keeping my head low. 

It may not seem like it when I'm with Julie and Flynn but I get picked on.. A lot. I walked down the hall hearing people snickering  as I walked past them. 

"Hey short stuff!" Jeremy said stopping me from walking forward.

"Look I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now." I mumbled walking starting walk around him. 

"You're just as short and your temper!" He added on before starting to leave. 

I was overwhelmed by iration. I looked at the books in my hands and grabbed my math book and threw it at him, just proving him right.  He just laughed and ripped it in half before throwing it away. The bell rang and everyone went to class. I mumbled curses under my breath before going and digging the pieces of the math book out of the trash. 

"I hate this school, I wish I didn't even exist." I mumbled walking away I sniffed and ran behind the school. 

Reggie's POV: 

I walked around Julie's school admiring all the artwork and clubs that they had. 

"Man I miss High School." I said for like the millionth time. 

I heard people snickering around the corner. 

"Ooh and fights those were always interesting." I poked my head around the corner to see Katie and some tall kid talking. 

I hid in the crowd of people that were passing by and the people that were wondering what was going to happen.

"Do you think that they will get into a fight again?" Someone asked their friend.

 "I don't know, she has such a short temper when it come to this and he should have just left her alone. I feel bad." someone else respond. 

"You're just as short as your temper!" The tall boy said before starting to walk away. 

I glanced at Katie who was obviously irritated. She turned around and chucked a book at him. 

"I do not want to be on her bad side." I said shaking my head in fear. 

I watched as the boy picked up her book and ripped it in half. Some people gasped, including me. The bell rang and everyone shuffled off to class, except Katie. I hid behind the corner again. 

"I hate this school, I wish I didn't even exist."  she mumbled along with other curses. She sounded like she wanted to cry.  

I sunk to the floor keeping my eyes on her as she walked away, which turned into a small run. I got up and followed her out to the back of the school. She sank to the ground pulling her knees to her chest. 

"Katie." I whispered. I wanted to go sit next to her and comfort her but it might just make things work. 

"you know I can see you right?" She said rubbing her eyes. "Why did you follow me?" 

"I-I wanted to see if you were okay.. I saw what happened." I said sitting next to her. 

"Oh...please don't mention it to Luke, or anyone." she said burying her face in her knees again. 

"I won't. I promise." I said putting my hand up. 

"You're weird." she said laughing a little. 

Katie's POV: 

"you're weird." I said giving off a small laugh. 

"why  thank you." He said bowing as much as he could sitting down. 

I shook my head and leaned back against the wall behind me. 

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like. to just be free." I asked looking up and the sky. 

"No not really." he said trying to find where I was looking. 

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I continued to think about it. I felt a hand touch my face and wipe it away. I looked at Reggie, he just smiled. I felt my face go red just looking at him. 

"Hey are you okay you look a little flushed." he said cocking his head. 

"Yeah I'm fine." I said hiding my face knees again. 

"okay." He responded cheerfully.

~~~

I hope you guys liked this  chapter. Make sure to vote and comment. and let me know what you think about Keggie? To be honest I think that they would make a cute couple.  Love you guys! Stay safe!