Chapter 28- Don't give up on me

The song almost had me crying because I can relate to it so well. I figure many of you will relate to it also. Then add the pic of Levi crying and it should be quite a somber mood which is what I'm trying to achieve here. Also I've seen the movie and read the book Five Feet Apart, which is the movie in the video. If you can stomach a sad love story I highly suggest watching and reading Five Feet Apart. Now on with the story.

Levi's POV

"COME BACK to me, please..." I whisper into (Y/N)'s ear.

I then stand up to check on everyone else. I desperately want to just focus on only (Y/N), but it's my job as the squad leader to lead. I sigh and turn away from (Y/N). Eren is on the ground behind me, shaking with tears at the corners of his eyes. I roll my eyes at the titan brat. This is all his fault, I think as I turn to look at his titan form that had burned (Y/N) so badly. The titan is already starting to evaporate since I pulled Eren off of it, I notice. I continue to turn and see that Oruo and Petra are standing some distance away staring at me, (Y/N), and Eren with their blades still out. Eld and Gunther must've been the footsteps I heard when I ordered someone to go get Hanji, I realize.

I shake my head and snap at Oruo and Petra, "Idiots, put your blades away and get over here and help (Y/N), who must I remind you, is one of your fucking squad mates."

I see their eyes glance over to Eren and back to me.

"He isn't going to do anything and if he does, I'll take care of him. Now get the fuck over here or it won't be him you have to worry about."

I glare at them, ready to drag them the fuck over. They gulp and put their blades away and walk over and stop besides me. Once they're closer I see their eyes widen at seeing how badly (Y/N) is burned, up close.

"I didn't know it was so bad, I-I'm sorry Captain.." Petra says.

She goes to kneel besides (Y/N) and pulls off the jacket that I had covered (Y/N)'s side with to staunch the bleeding. I can't tear my eyes away when she uncovers the wound, it's oozing noxious yellow pus. I blink slowly trying to get the image out of my head.

"Captain, it'll be okay. Eld and Gunther will be back with Hanji soon." Oruo says from where he is next to me. I look at him out of the corner of my eye, even he looks worried for (Y/N).

"I know it'll be okay," I snap at him.

He just nods and walks to kneel beside (Y/N) too. He takes his jacket off and hands it to Petra. "Use this as a clean bandage," he says.

They're taking care of (Y/N), I might as well check on the brat, I think. I turn back around and walk to where Eren is collapsed on the ground. I kick his hand with my right boot.

"What the fuck happened, brat?" He lifts his head and I see his face is splotched from crying.

"I-I don't k-know." he stutters. I narrow my eyes and crouch down in front of him, grabbing his shoulders and squeezing hard enough to make him jerk away.

"You better figure out what happened real quick. You've just injured one of your squad mates badly, maybe even... f-fatally, tsk," I stutter on the word fatally, not even wanting to think that (Y/N) could possibly die and try to cover it up with a tsk.

Eren jerks to face me. "Captain..." I glare at him and he stops talking. Grabbing him by his arm, I jerk him up. He stumbles but manages to stand on his own two feet.

"Petra, uncover (Y/N)'s side." I order.

I hear cloth being unwrapped as I turn around with Eren's arm still in my grip. I pull Eren over to (Y/N) and push him towards (Y/N) and point at her charred, blackened side.