Chapter 5- The Story

I look at Levi, rushing to pull my hood back on but knowing it's too late. Levi knows it's me now. He's still standing there shocked, his grey eyes wide, all he's said was, "(Y/N)?"

I just look down at the floor, trying not to freak out. I didn't want anything to do with Levi ever again, but he's here now. I already got enraged at him being hurt by those men. I don't know how I feel anymore— do I care for him or not? I just don't know. I've killed people and other minor crimes. He left me before I'd ever done any of that. Now he knows I've killed people and was sent to capture me for it. I'm a horrible person. I start walking to the door to go back to the hotel and get the ODM gear so I could get on a roof somewhere to be alone and think. Before I get to the door I feel someone grab me from behind in a hug. It was Levi; I almost forgot about him. Why is he hugging me? He knows what I've done and he LEFT me before, not like I left him.

I grab his arm that is around me, flip him over my shoulder into the ground and says, "Fuck off."

I run out of the bar at a sprint and go to the hotel to my room to grab my ODM gear. When I'm about to run back out of the hotel to engage the gear I get tackled to the ground. I look up, it's Levi again, of course. But I'm done, I've just kind of shut down due to everything that has just occurred. So I let him hold me down and stare at me.

"(Y/N), stop this, let me explain everything." He says. I just nod robotically as he gets up off of me and pulls me up. He starts pulling me to a direction, but I'm not paying attention at all to anything.

Time skip brought by a dazed (Y/N)

Levi finally stops pulling me along and I look up. It's our old house, the one I've been living alone in for 5 years. He pulls me down onto the steps, where I remember we had our last conversation. I flop down beside him and wait for him to explain.

"(Y/N), you know I'm not good with this emotional shit, so I'll make this nice and simple. I know what your thinking; that I left you." I look at him like no shit, sherlock. "Me, Farlan and Isabel were given a job by some snotty rich prick. We had to steal some documents off of a Survey Corps member and we would be given life above ground." He continues.

I glare at him. "You left me here for a better life? I'm almost as good with ODM gear as you are, I could've helped you!"

I get up to leave, I had heard enough from him. He grabs my arm and looks at me, I can tell from his shining eyes that he has more to say to me. So I sigh, crouch down and wait for him to finish. He doesn't say thank you aloud but his eyes do.

"It didn't go as planned, we didn't get the documents in time. We had to go on an expedition outside the walls. It started pouring rain.. I thought I was strong enough so I told Farlan and Isabel to wait while I used the rain as a cover to get the documents off of Erwin, the Corps member carrying them. But then I saw titan footprints leading back towards Farlan and Isabel, I urged the horse to go as fast as possible, but it tripped and stumbled. When I got up, Isabel's head was at my feet." At this point he is staring at the ground lost in the memory.

"I wasn't there in time to save Isabel but maybe Farlan was still alive. When I looked up, Farlan was in an abnormal titans mouth. He had enough time to look at me and smile, then the titan bit him in half. I lost my shit then, everything happened so quickly. When I came to the titan was in pieces and dead." He was stuttering now, I was holding onto the building for support, my eyes wet. Farlan and Isabel are dead... But Levi wasn't done yet.