Chapter 6 Picking the food

Chapter 6

Finn woke up at 7 and headed to the gym for a long swim. He was so sexually frustrated and it had only been two days. Once he was done with his swim he got changed and went to his office to check in and decided that no one needed him so he was going to take the day off to work on the wedding plans. Finn decided to tackle the flowers and buy his shoes today and maybe even the venue.

He called the limo company that they always used and made arrangements for 10 limos to be picking up people at 1pm on Saturday. He emailed Joe, the head of the company the addresses. Joe emailed him back in confirmation that he got them and said everything was good to go for Saturday.

At 11 he went to Barney's and bought his shoes. He looked around but didn't find anything he loved for groomsmen gifts. He wasn't even sure if he needed to get them anything. He would add this to his list to talk to Rory about it. After Barney's he drove to the flower shop he loved by Central Park. He spoke to Tina, his friend who did amazing floral arrangements. Finn showed her the picture of the flower Rory liked. She had some of the flowers there so Finn could see them in person. He loved the look for them too. Finn ordered the flowers he and Rory spoke about as well as 3 centerpieces for the reception tables. He also had her make three more with white roses with blue hydrangea centerpieces for the buffet brunch the following morning. Finn was happy with what he picked and paid the bill. Tina assured him everything would be sent to the Atrium with plenty of time to deliver the flowers to the appropriate rooms. Another thing off of Finn's list.

Finn texted Rory about the flowers and ordering extra for the brunch. He knew he wasn't going to get to talk to her till later but he wanted her to be in the loop on everything. He didn't want her to feel left out of anything.

Finn then went to the Atrium hotel. He spoke with John who ran the place. They walked into the conservatory and Finn told John what he was thinking. They were going to have 15 guests. Finn was hoping the chairs could be set out in a half circle with an aisle big enough for three people to pass through. He was thinking of a person at the door to bring the people to their assigned seats and give them their table assignments for dinner. Finn also wanted to have the reception in the conservatory. It would be three tables, 1 table of 2 people for Rory and Finn. 1 table of 8 people for Luke and Lorelai, Richard and Emily, JP and Amelia, Christopher and Francine. One table of 7 people for Lane and Zach, Colin, Robert, Stephanie, David and Lynn. John told Finn that they could have the tables setup in the room to the side and after the ceremony he could quickly have them brought in. He could have the chairs from the half circle moved around the tables in no time. According to John they do this way all the time. John also suggested that the DJ setup before hand in the corner and play the music for the event and reception. John had a person who did it for the hotel and he gave Finn his phone number,

They then went back to his office to go over the menu. Finn called Rory hoping she was available as they didn't go over this part in Chicago. Luckily she was and had about a ½ hour to talk to them. They got the whole menu figured out in no time. They decided against a cocktail hour as everyone there was going to be a part of the pictures. John assigned them 4 waiters for the day who could also go and get them any drinks they might desire. They were even able to figure out the menu for the buffet brekky the next day, Everything was coming together beautifully. Rory was off to an afternoon meeting and Finn was off to the spa on the 1st floor.

At the spa Finn made arrangements for Rory to get a 2 hour massage, her hair, nails and a pedicure done. Appointments were made starting at noon. they would be done at approximately 4:30 which would give Rory some time to get into her dress as well as do her makeup. The manager of the spa Diane assured Finn that either she or June, her assistant manager, would be available at 5 to come up and help Rory into her dress. Finn promised Diane that she would be compensated well for doing this extra out of the ordinary task. He also made arrangements for him to have a massage at noon for an hour and a haircut at 1:15 and a manicure at 1:45.

Finn was happy with another item off their list. He knew he had left the DJ and their honeymoon. He was thinking that they could go to Australia or even Bora Bora for their honeymoon. He personally was learning towards 2 weeks or more in Bora Bora so they could get a cabin out on the water. The sound of the waves could lull them to sleep at night and they could swim right from their cabin. It sounded like the relaxing time they both could enjoy. He would have to talk to Rory about it. He knew she was tired of the road and could use some time off. He knew her job interview was on Friday and they were getting married on Saturday. Not a lot of down time but it would be ok.

He decided to go take another long swim after he ate dinner. He was hoping that swimming a mile or two might tire him out. He needed to figure out a way to make this next 27 days go faster or he was going to go crazy. The swim did not help.