Unexpected Turns

As odd as it seemed, while you were still clueless about the situation you found yourself in, the people in the agency greeted you kindly and respectfully. Never in your life had strangers taken such good care of you. Yosano, the eldest woman of the workplace, invited you to tea at a cafe near the establishment you were sitting in. The lady described it as an elegant and chic facility with superb pastel decor. A flashy light sparked your pool of (E,C) eyes with such enthusiasm at that given moment. For the first time, someone was willing to invite you somewhere extravagant without feeling the need to force themselves into this mess.

As you arrived near the small cafe, you gazed at the colourful buildings surrounding the premises with such pretty lighting glimmering over the cities darkness due to it being nigh time. The stars were shining gorgeously in the obscur faraway sky, minuscule and very transparent-like clouds stood in the air with a faint breeze brushing the crook of your neck, sending shivers down your spine. From here on there, a cat or a dog would start play-fighting with one another in such a high spirited way. Few people were still walking freely on the sidewalks, mostly old couples with a clumsy stance. You breathed in and out, happily taking in the oxygen of the cool frosty air.

When the both of you were now standing in front of the glassy door, you were immediately stunned with how adorable the exterior of the cafe looked like. On the enormous transparent windows located in front of the shop, cute little cartoon-like figures were drawn in ravishing pastel colors. The verdant plants placed in front of the establishment made it all the more welcoming with its green beauty. On top of the door was a golden bell which provided a high-pitched sound every time you'd enter or exit the cafe. The view was mesmerizing for you had never been to such a "kawaii" place ever in your life. You were used to the same old-fashioned restaurants and boutiques with a quite dark-colored style.

You entered while letting Yosano lead the way. The interior was all the more appeasing with its glistening ornaments hanging from the ceiling. You were surprised a person like the lady beside you would take you to such an interesting place since she did not look the type to enjoy these kind of things.

"Order whatever you want, I'll pay it," she exclaimed once you were seated.

"Are you sure? I really don't want to take your money, it'd be preferable if I pay m-," you tried saying but the maiden interrupted your lousy choice of words.

"Don't try refusing my offer, I never do these kind of things," she replied, this time bringing her more devilish features to life.

You finally agreed, a bit scared of what she would do if you were to neglect her offer one more time. Yosano may look like a kind high school-girl at times, but in reality, her facade was as intimidating as the one of a typical bully. She would often wear a smug look on her face with an evil smirk plastering the corner of her rosy lips. She was an odd one, much like Dazai, but her presence comforted you.

"You're probably wondering why I invited you here," the lady started saying when a dead silence aroused the small table.

"Well, um, I guess you could say that."

"I'm simply here to ask you a few questions," she kindly told you with her nicest voice and most reassuring grin.

You nodded, a warm sensation overcoming your heart while looking at her calming aura.

"So, are you the person in this picture?," she questioned you while pointing her index finger towards a blurry figure on a black and white photo.

The picture was hard to identify itself, everything was indistinct and unclear with hazy grey dots hovering over the frame. It looked like some sort of illegal merchandise place with armed citizens guarding their surroundings. On each table stood unidentifiable objects, but from the shape of it, it looked like small bags containing drugs. In the middle of it all was a medium-height woman shooting a deadly glare at the struggling workers holding guns. Her face and clothing definitely reminded you of someone.

"I can't really detect anything from the photo. Everything's so blurry," you responded after moments of reflecting on it.

"I see, now do you recognize the person on this one?"

This time, a colorful licensed plate picture came upon your view. The girl was wearing a serious expression with her (H,C) hair falling behind her shoulders. In her powerful orbs, an odd scarlet pigment was seen in the middle of her dark pupils. She wore a tight black jacket paired with a black T-Shirt underneath. The maiden was weirdly stunning, but the aura she was emitting was certainly troubling. That's when it clicked. The person in the picture was indeed you.

"How can I-," you vaguely muttered.

"Are you aware of the crimes you've committed?," Yosano immediately asked with such determination in her rosé eyes.

"I don't know anything about th-," you tried saying, but the lady was too quick to reply.

"Burglary, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud, harassment towards citizens, kidnapping, torturing, and man-slaughter."

Your eyes stood vexed onto the white wall behind the lady before you. The information which she shared started invading you dangerously. Your mind went blank, unable to comprehend what was happening. Never in your life had you committed such cruel and despicable crimes. This was surely a mistake and the person in the picture was probably your doppelganger. When Yosano was about to speak of the situation again, a lemon-shaped object broke the entrance, letting the keen glass cut into your skin painfully. The women in front of you got up in a hurry and jumped over your body in a matter of seconds before the lemon exploded. The sound of the bomb pierced your ear drums, leaving them bleeding. Everybody in the shop got down just in time, right after Yosano had yelled "GET DOWN!" to everyone parading the cafe. Thankfully, nobody was harmed except for you and the lady whom rescued you.