Chapter 9 - Sunday Visit

-Sunday, April 19th, 2037, 12 am, Light Rain-

Ryukon had just made it home and was heading upstairs to go to bed. He rubbed his neck. He tried to enter his room, but smacked into the door. After looking around for any listeners, he entered his room. He checked his phone and saw that Info White messaged him 30 minutes ago. He glared at the message.

"Nice work!" Info White started, "she had successfully jumped off the top of the building an hour after you left! I guess she didn't want to deal with her parents back home."

He inhaled so hard that he hiccuped. He typed back immediately, "please say you're lying! What do you mean?"

"Don't be a late responder in this mission. It's time sensitive..." Info White replied, "anyway, she was going to bring a lot of money to her family so they can pay for a higher spot in the gang. However, since you successfully beat her with such an..... elementary tactic, she was disowned, and was probably going to be taken out once she got home! First successful mission."

"Why didn't I just help her get to the championship so she can pay her way out!?"

"I know where you're going with that, but you're missing details," she replied, "once that happened, Keito was due to marry her instead... Her parents would have just kept the money. All the girls are fighting to be the top family in the gang. Remember, he marries whoever's on top."

Ryukon groaned. He received another message.

"Since you're already 'bonding' with Keito, I'll give you your second target. Kaori Sunobu...." she started, "she is the niece of the former Kizana Sunobu. Tameko was the easiest. These next are the real challenges..."

"Alright... I guess I have no choice at this point..."

"Hm, I'm afraid not," she replied, "Kaori sells illegal imported stuff and sometimes participates in Shisuta Town activities. She does it so that she can get enough money to quit the gang and start her own makeup line. Now... this one has two options for you to look at..."

"Please don't be horrible..." Ryukon replied.

"Stop whining... One thing you can do is kill her. However, I know you like to do things the sweetheart way... So, maybe somehow you can get her a bunch of money so she can use it to get the confidence to leave by herself..."

"But how do I even get it?"

Info White rolled her eyes, disappointed at the message, "I see that you're saving your energy up for the last girl," she started, "and I mean.... Kaori does work at clubs..."

"Oh, is she a bartender or something?" Ryukon asked.

"Well, not exactly...." Info White said.

Ryukon studied the message. His eyes then shot open, "nononono I'm NOT doing that!"

"I know, I know... I mean, Keito's not THAT important right?~"

Ryukon began to sweat and messaged again, "Is there ANY other way I can get a ton of money without dancing.... or drugs??"

Info White snickered at her near trap and stopped to think about a plan. She picked up a notebook and spun around in her chair.

"I'll give you the message tomorrow. You'll see it sometime then..."

____________________________________________________________________________

-Sunday Morning, April 19th, 2037, 11 am, Clear-

The sunrays outside were glaring through the blinds. Ryukon was in a deep sleep, his body comfortably lying under his comforters. There was a knock on his door. After no answer, Taro had opened the door and saw his son still sleeping. Budo also peaked in and Taro smiled.

"Aww, he's actually able to rest now," Taro whispered.

Budo gave a nod. He hugged Taro from behind and turned his direction toward the stairs. He was going to tell their guest that Ryukon was asleep, but he then noticed Taro walked over to Ryukon's bed. Taro shook Ryukon awake with a smile and his son jolted up.

"Taro!" Budo whispered.

"Ryukon, your friend is at the door," Taro said.

"Uh... which friend?"

Taro squinted his eyes, smiling, "the one you love~ I invited him in for breakfast."

Taro proceeded to exit the room. Ryukon lied there with a fast heart and tried to force himself to get up. He then realized what he said and gasped. He leaped out of bed and down the stairs. Keito was in the dining room, just eyeing the katana on the wall above the living room fireplace.

"Nice blade," Keito commented.

Budo glanced at that katana and gave an uneven smile, "the only thing 'nice' about that sword is that it's nice to look at..." Budo said, then looked at Taro walk into the room. He went silent after that.

Ryukon walked in and saw Keito sitting at the table with his family. He tried to smooth down his hair, but had Budo's genes in that category. He sat down across from Keito.

"Oh hey," Ryukon said, "how come you're over so early?"

Taro looked at Ryukon, "why don't you sit next to him?"

"Maaaa..." Ryukon went, "It's okay I-"

Ryukon suddenly had the motivation to get up and move next to Keito when Taro smiled wider. Ryukon was very quiet now. His brothers seemed unbothered.

"My folks won't be home until Tuesday, so I decided to drop by and visit," Keito answered, "is that bad, orrrrr-"

"Nono!" Ryukon said, "it's not bad. I was just... wondering is all... I mean, you're always welcomed in my house. You just... never really come here..."

Budo kept glancing at Taro every now and again, a bit nervous at how this will go. His brows then furrowed at how odd the event last night was. His eyes then widened at a realization. His heart sank.

"Well I'm here now," Keito said, "besides, you have a nice house."

Ryukon smiled, but then felt a piece of paper get placed in his hand. He then felt Keito's thumb rub the top of it. Keito winked at him and started eating. Ryukon couldn't move. He was sinking his nails into his leg to restrict a giggle. Taro looked at his son, then saw a girl on his lawn behind a bush. Ryukon noticed Taro staring and turned around to see the girl.

"Hey, that was that girl... um..." Ryukon said.

"Her name is Eri..." Keito said, "...don't worry about her too much... Okay?"

Ryukon nodded and continued to eat with his family. He held onto the paper tighter.