Chapter 15 - Facing Fears

-7:30 pm, Clear-

Taro was currently in bed, face down in his pillow in the dark. He had another breakdown, and has been bedridden since the morning. The bedroom was still a mess, arguably a bigger mess than before. He faintly heard the living room door downstairs open and knew that his family was home. Ryukon was supposed to walk his brothers home, along with bringing Keito back with him. However, Budo caught up with them mid walk and decided to give them a ride home.

"Love, we're home," Budo called out. He noticed that dinner wasn't made and sighed. He already knew to head upstairs. Ryukon, Tenzen, Tsukitei, and Obi all knew the drill and went to prepare their own meals, moreso snacks. Taro heard footsteps coming up the stairs and sat up quickly to turn his desk light back on. When the door opened, Budo saw that Taro's eyes were red. Taro sat still in defeat. Budo sat down on the bed and wrapped an arm around him.

"....Love-"

"I agreed..." Taro interrupted. Budo tilted his head to the side a little. Taro looked around for the note and handed it to him. Budo read over the note, and was reminded of what he and Ayano talked about.

"Ah... I see," Budo said.

"We agreed to meet up this Sunday," Taro said, "she said she wanted both of our families there... We're meeting up at Buraza Park at 3... Budo... I'm-"

"I'm so proud of you..." Budo said, relieved, "you need to confront this... I'll be there every step of the way, alright? Just try to have a conversation with her and see how it goes. If she's odd, then we can leave whenever you wish... Deal?"

Taro nodded and wiped his eyes. Budo pulled Taro in for a strong kiss on the cheek and smiled afterward. Taro's face had tingles, which formed a much needed smile onto his face. He leaned against Budo.

"I'm scared..."

"I know..." Budo said, "but this is necessary..."

"...She actually said that she wanted to be friends with me... I don't understand..." Taro said, "she should be furious that I didn't accept her feelings..."

Budo took off his headband and laid it on Taro's lap. Taro held onto it, "well dear, knowing her current reputation..." Budo wasn't sure if he should say this the way he's about to, "but she has a similar reputation to you... She's rather nice to people, but if you place her family in danger, she'll be ready to battle. She's very protective of her family, similar to yourself."

Ryukon and Keito slightly overheard him in the hall on his way to his room. All Ryukon said in his mind was "nice save, dad."

Budo intertwined his fingers with Taro's, "maybe you guys could become friends. Then, she won't have to be a big threat anymore."

"What if she's trying to befriend me so that she could get closer to our family and try to mess things up?"

Budo shrugged, "well, she's been raising kids with that red-headed woman for about 15 years now. So, if she is trying to plot, I don't see that being helpful to her..."

Taro stared at him, then giggled a little afterward. He gave a hard blink.

"...You believe she changed, don't you..."

"I believe she's definitely toned down..." Budo said in an iffy manner, "maybe not 'changed,' but I genuinely don't believe she's after you anymore... It seems like she's actually married her proper equal."

"Another Yandere?" Taro asked.

"Taro-"

"That's two Yanderes, Budo!" Taro said, "two yanderes will constantly be in a loop of jealousy whenever people talk to the other! Do you know how dangerous that is??"

"Dear-"

"And they have two kids together??" Taro then gasped, "what if one of the girls that's trying to take Keito away from our son is involved with her?? What if they're ALL involved?? What if they're helping other yandere families get their matches and-"

Budo interrupted him with a peck on the lips, "let's wait and see... Okay?" Budo asked, hugging Taro.

Taro blinked afterwards, nearly forgetting what he was rambling about. He nodded and leaned against him

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay... Just be wary of those rabbit holes you go down," Budo said, then smiled, "I'm in the mood to cuddle tonight..."

Taro smiled wide and hugged around his neck, "good day at work?"

"I just missed you~" Budo said, then began to kiss around Taro's neck. A few soft giggles escaped Taro.