Chapter 16 - Are You Questioning Me?

-Sunday April 26th 2037, 2:30 pm, Partly Cloudy-

The Masuta family was on their way to Buraza Park for their meetup with the Aishi family. Ryukon had brought Keito along with him. It was the least Keito could do since Ryukon did go to that club with him for similar reasons. Budo glanced at Taro every now and again to check on him. Taro had his hands folded tightly.

"Will there be food?" Tenzen asked. Taro squeezed his hands tighter.

"I mean, I would hope so," Budo said, "just in case, your Ma packed... quite a bit..."

"Do not eat anything the Aishis offer, boys," Taro warned.

Budo sighed. The boys nodded and continued the car ride in silence. They didn't want to accidentally cause Taro to have another meltdown.

_____________________________________________________________

-3 pm, Partly Cloudy-

The Masutas made it to the park exactly on time. Budo was rather persnickety about being on time to things, which Taro had adopted from him over the years. Taro looked around for any weird cars that were present. There was actually a maroon limo parked by a pink wisteria tree. Taro had got out of the car and looked around to see where the group was. He saw Ayano's ponytail, which now reached her back. He made a note and directed his family to go over near the pond.

He opened his trunk and took out a few baskets of food. He also took out a smaller bag, which had a knife in it, and if necessary, a gun. He closed the trunk and headed over to the group, late. Meanwhile, Ryukon and Keito both smiled at the scenery of the park. The grass was a fresh green and the cherry blossoms gave that necessary pop of pink. It was the last few days of the cherry blossom bloom in Japan.

Ryukon then gave a look at the girls that were present. One had bright red hair while the other had dark. The bright-haired one seemed to have a smile on her face that revealed that she knew something he didn't, while the dark-haired one seemed rather emotionless despite her doe eyes. Her face had no opinion to give either.

"Interesting seeing you here~" the bright haired one said.

Ryukon looked confused, "do I know you?..."

She just blinked. Ryukon's eyelids shot open.

"INFO WHI-"

"Hush you..." Info White had slapped a notebook over his mouth, "after this meeting, we never met in person... got it?..."

Ryukon nodded. She let go and walked off to go talk to her mother. Ayano was setting the picnic blankets with the food she made. She and Taro then placed a bowl of food down at the same time. They both looked up.

"Oh, hey Taro," Ayano said, "I'm glad you could make it."

"Uh, yeah.. I suppo-"

"Ayano dear, is this your old senpai?~" Ryoba asked.

"M...Mother...." Ayano's neck tensed up, "um, Taro, this is my mother Ryoba and my father-......" and Ayano just left it there. She never really learned her father's name. She was definitely closer to her mother after all. She gave an awkward nod. Taro smirked, but fought it with a wiggle of the mouth. Info White allowed herself to laugh.

"Well, it seems like you're the one that got away, huh?~" Ryoba asked. Ayano's father almost admired Taro for escaping. Ayano's sweat casted over her forehead.

T-Taro, I'm sorry about that..."

"It's...fine... I'm the type to be prepared for anything nowadays..." Taro said.