Chapter 28 - In The Bag

-11 pm, Rain-

Eri had run far out into a shopping square in the city. She made sure that she stayed under the city lights. She caught many eyes from her uneven hair and runny nose. She made a note to stay alive until 8 am if all else fails. She checked her wrist watch and frowned that it was only 11 pm. She didn't even know she was running for that long. Her stomach growled from the smell of chicken from a nearby restaurant.

"How could he do this to me?" she asked herself, "why would he do this? What's the point?"

She scanned the area for Ryukon. Her vision was messed up from the sea of shopping bags. Her eyes told her that every other person was Ryukon. She defaulted to a heavy breath. She couldn't help but feel eyes from above. Ryukon was staring down at her from the top of an apartment building, casting his judgement on her down below.

He closed his eyes, "I'm sorry, dad... I really am... but you'll either never know about this, or will have to accept it..."

He strapped the Yanslayer to his back and climbed his way down the building. Eri looked around and saw him climbing down an alleyway. She pointed her gun in his direction and fired without a care. A thousand eyes were now on Eri. A few people ducked for cover and rushed out of the way, some even dropping their belongings.

The city area switched to chaos in a snap. Eri fired at Ryukon again, but he ducked back. Ryokan picked up on when she would fire. Eri ran across the street and into the alley way that Ryukon was in. He swung the Yanslayer again and nicked her arm.

She held in a gasp and jumped out of the way of Ryukon slicing diagonally. She fell to the floor and rolled onto her feet. She turned around and this time aimed carefully. Ryukon just walked back into the alleyway. Eri groaned loud enough for Ryukon to hear meters away.

"You said you wanted to fight me! So come fight me then!" Eri mocked, "it's almost like a sword doesn't beat a gun!"

"Based on how you shoot, It will!" Ryukon responded.

To prove his point, Ryukon waited a few seconds before jumping out and back into the darkness. As predicted, Eri fired a shot and missed. He stuck his katana out with the saya on and she fired again. She mistook the red for his jacket. The world was spinning from her lack of air. She huffed and shook.

"GET OUT OF THE ALLEY..."

Ryukon took the time to think of his plan. He remembered all of the times he found her outside of his house, at the park, at school. She followed him and waited for him to slip up for years. He waved the katana out again to see if she would shoot. This time she had learned. He flinched from Eri turning a corner into the alleyway . They bumped directly into each other.

He kneed her in the stomach with a force that made her leap off her feet and tossed her to the floor. He pulled her deeper into the alleyway, but she pointed the gun at him. He let go of her and she pulled the trigger, breaking a window. He had dropped to the floor for cover and pushed her face toward the ground. He pulled on the gun in an attempt to yank it out of her hand, but her fingers gripped with all their might. She fired again and missed Ryukon by an inch.

Ryukon grabbed onto her hand and forced her to fire her remaining shots into the air. Three pops went off into the night sky. They both gave a similar sigh when they heard those familiar sirens once again. She aimed at Ryukon and fired, but he remained alive. She had a feeling he would pull such a trick and jabbed him in the throat with the gun. He jolted back, holding his neck while she used the moment to get to her feet.

She then kicked him in the middle of the stomach. Ryukon yelped and fell to the floor. He held his stomach tight. Eri looked over at the Yanslayer and smiled. She picked up the katana and held it over Ryukon's head.