Chapter 19

"Ate Tina, si Mae kumain na po ba?"

I just got a message from her and I drove all the way from Manila. Saktong kakatapos lang din ng last class ko when I checked my phone.

"Nasa kuwarto mo siya ngayon."

She smiled, wanting to ask something pero inaliw nalang niya ang sarili sa gawain. I thanked her and walked all the way up to my room. I even knocked at my own room and ran when I saw her in nothing but devastation! What the heck just happened?!

"Mae?"

I bit my lips trying to control my tears and tone as well. I can't be fragile knowing that she already is. Kailangan kong maging matapang para sa kaniya.

She looked at me with tears all over her face and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry, sorry Lura. I don't deserve you, sorry," she whispered.

"Teka, tahan na." I moved my body a little and hummed a lullaby.

"Lura.."

"Don't talk please, tahan na muna." She shook her head then faced me. "Sorry, you went through all of this alone." I softly uttered and heard her continue sobbing, hearing my words.

"She's-"

I couldn't hear the last word she said kahit sobrang lapit ko na sa kaniya. "Huh?"

She faced me again and sighed. She told me what happened the whole time.

I listened to her, without saying anything. Just me, seeing her eyes glinted with tears. I listened to every word she uttered, saw every emotion that she expressed. She's vulnerable and I haven't seen her like this before.

Hours passed by, nakatulugan ni Mae ang sama ng loob na iniisip niya. She didn't expect it to happen, well hindi ko din naman inaasahan pero sa posisyon niya? It's not easy.

"I can book a flight kung natatakot ka. Ayos lang naman kung magpapasama ka."

She chuckled and assured me na kaya niya na ang sarili niya. "This will be the first time that I'll be traveling alone. I just want to see him, wala namang masamang mangyayari," she smiled.

"Kung gusto mong magpasundo, tawag ka lang, ha?"

We hugged and saw her enter the gate of the airport. I watched her walk away and I heard Levi speak beside me.

"You sure want to stay here?"

"Ayaw mo ba akong kasama?" nagkukunwari kong pagtatampo.

He raised his brows. "I want to.. Pero parang gusto mong samahan ang kaibigan mo."

That's true. Pero ngumiti ako. "I think it's a private matter. Gusto ko man siyang samahan, pinili niyang maging mag-isa."

He then opened the door for me and drove but suddenly, we found ourselves stuck in the traffic. My phone rang and he realized that it's mine and told me to pick it up. It might be an emergency.

"Son?"

[Pre, nagkakagulo dito sa condo mo. Nasaan ka ba?]

[Nasaan na ba 'yung turnilyo?!]

[Malay ko sa 'yo, bakit 'di mo hanapin?] Bronson interrupted.

"Ano meron?"

Sobrang dalang kasing magkaproblema sa tinitirhan namin.

[Ano daw problema niyo?]

[Teka lang..]

[Tinatanong nga ni Lura e! Bahala kayo diyan ah?]

"Furniture ba? Ano? Hindi mo ba kayang ayusin?" Levi looked at me and shook his head.

[Tol, yakang-yaka. Kaya ako tumawag eh, diba?]