Chapter 19

Apologies for the delay. I've been busy these past few days, but here is the next chapter. You will never guess the guest for this mission. It's a surprising one. With that said, I hope that you enjoy!

Then: Yeonju

Wonpil grits his teeth together as he slams the blade of his machete clean through a man's neck. His head slides off of his body and to the floor. His mouth wide open and revealing a set of sharp pointy teeth. "Hunter," a voice hisses. Wonpil whirls around and is confronted by three more monsters. He grins at them and twirls his weapon around nonchalantly. "Blood-sucking, pointy-teeth bastards," Wonpil says back in an even tone. The vampires all growl at this, not happy with the way they are being talked to by the hunter that has broken into their home and decided to kill them all. The three all charge at him simultaneously, but their efforts to gang up on him are useless. Wonpil doesn't hesitate as he slices off the head of one vampire followed by another. The last one tenses when he sees his fallen comrades. He takes a tentative step back and glances up at the hunter who has blood splatter over his face. "You vamps always think you have a chance," Wonpil sighs, "It's pretty sad how much you try to fight back when we both know you'll just end up headless at the end of the night." With that said, the hunter swings his machete again, chopping the head clean off the final vamp. Wonpil lets out a sigh and looks around the large mansion-like home to admire his work. The place is a wreck. Furniture knocked over and destroyed. Blood covering the floors and splattered on the wall. And of course, the large amount of decapitated vamp bodies lying all over the place from the main floor to the staircase to the kitchen. All courtesy of one hunter named Kim Wonpil.

──────●◎●──────

Now

"He took out an entire vamp's nest by himself?" Felix questions as they walk into a cafe. Chan nods his head. He has Wonpil's journal in his hand and he is reading about the hunt that his old friend did in this town. "That's impressive," Felix says, "Wonpil sounds like a kick-ass hunter."

"He was," Chan muses.

"We're not going to be meeting one of your vamp friends in this town, are we?" Felix asks, "One that's like vegan or something?"

Chan shakes his head, "No, so you have nothing to worry about."

"I'm not worried," Felix says.

Chan shakes his head, "Yeah, right, remember how you acted with Jisung and Changbin?"

"What are you talking about?" Felix questions, "We became great friends."

"Yeah after you threatened to kill them both fifteen times," Chan says.

"Character development," Felix says as they walk over to the barista who is sucking on a blue lollipop and orders two coffees. Chan scoffs at his cousin before looking back down at the journal. His gaze remains on the pages as he walks over to a booth and slides into it. Felix sits across from him, grabbing a packet of sugar to play with. "Anything else happen?" The freckled hunter asks.

Chan shakes his head, "This is the most normal hunt, other than the fact that he killed the entire nest by himself, but this is a type of thing any hunter would do."

"Did he just stumble on the nest or was he tracking a vamp?" Felix asks.

"Tracking a vamp," Chan says, "Apparently one of them slipped up and this alerted Wonpil." Felix nods his head just as a barista calls out his name. The Aussie stands to go get their drinks. As he nears the counter, he passes by a group of three chattering with each other. "I swear," A guy with a red hat says, "The coffee here is like some weird drug. The other day I swear I was in Hawaii!"