Chapter 8: Her

Blaze’s POV

It’s already ten o’clock when I reach our house. I’ve been too immersed with all the books that I’m reading that I did not notice the time. I was in the hub for my whole free time because I know that is the only place I can have my peace of mind.

I get off my Harris 45 when I reach the front door of our mansion. I toss the car keys to Gilbert and let him park my car in the private parking. Holding my two thick psychology books, I enter the double doors of our house. The lights are already dim and the big mansion is quiet like its usual state. I just walk past the big receiving area and proceed to the elevator.

When I arrive on the second floor, I step out and walk my way into my room. But when I heard his stern voice, I halted.

“Where have you gone the whole day young man?” the great Corbyn senior asked.

I slowly turn my head and bow slightly to acknowledge his presence and give him respect. “I was in the hub sir.” I answer.

He eyes me critically, then his gaze shifts down on my hands that were holding my new books. My hand tightly holds the books upon seeing him scoff. “In the hub reading what? That trash?” he says in a mocking tone.

I clench my other fist and try so hard not to answer back rudely. I know my place inside this cold mansion, and even though they are not showing me some respect that I deserve, I’m giving my respect since he’s my grandfather.

“I told you to stop wasting your time studying those craps. You are not just wasting my money, but also your time!” he says.

I did not let him finish his usual line. I walk past him and get back on the elevator. I am so over his useless logic and viewpoint on how I should live my life. Yes he is my grandfather, but it doesn’t mean I should follow every single thing he wants.

“Gilbert, the keys,” I command. The house valet immediately gives me my car keys. No one dares to question why I’m suddenly going out when I just arrived a while ago.

Damn him and their philosophy. So what if I’m studying Psychology and not a program related to business? Will that make my degree any less better? I am so furious with what the old man has said. It’s been his issue ever since I decided not to carry on with our family’s traditional beliefs. The Corbyn’s a family of businessmen. Generation by generation, everyone in our bloodline walked on the same path, taking the same degree and continuing the legacy by taking over the family business when the time has come. But, that’s not what I want. I’ve always known ever since I was a kid that business was not for me. I don’t have the passion for growing money.

I press on the e-pedal gas and let my Harris 45 run at its full speed. The sentinel of every messier did not even block my car or accost me for over speeding. All they need is to see my gold plated vehicle license plate and I’m good to go.

I was already crossing the highway of M30 when an incoming call from Donovan came. I quickly get my in-ear before answering the call.

“Dude, are you home now?” he asked.

“No. I’m going back to the hub.”

“The hub? Are you going to the party too?”

“Party? What party are you saying?”

“Well, Wyn will host a gaming party inside the hub together with Neron and Xeno. I’m still thinking if I will join them.”

The fuck? Why do they have to host a party during this moment? Argh. What a bad timing I freaking have.