Chapter 13: Help

Blaze’s POV

My eyes are wide and my mouth is agape. I see her eyeing my reaction seriously and I immediately calm myself and look at her blankly. I admit, her narrative shocked me but I need to hide my panic or else she’ll be more wary with her suspicions.I discovered two things with her story. First, she is a very quick witted person. Second, Baldwyn freaking SUCKS. I can't believe he wore a very unique jacket that can easily be identifiable. And how can he just leave this lying around? Well, this is our hangout place so that’s understandable. Wait, why did Neron even allow her to come up here? She’s already living at the Velican, right?  Ugh, nevermind. Wyn, that idiot, will accidentally reveal our identity due to his carelessness.

“The truth is...”

I am still thinking of a reason to stray her mind from thinking that we’re associated with The Anonymous but her deadly stares aren't helping me. I sighed in relief and thanked all the gods when my phone rang, breaking her from her reverie of finding out our secret. I almost utter a “yes” because of the timing of the call.

“Wait, let me answer this,” I excuse myself. I didn’t walk away because I think that will make her more suspicious, so I just faced the opposite side and immediately answered the call. I almost hissed at the caller when I found out who it was. “You dumbshit! What do you need?” I say in a lower voice.  

“Calm down, bro. I need some help here!” Wyn says with a shaky tone. Damn. He must have created another trouble for himself, huh? I am still not done fixing his mess and here he is doing another one. I almost facepalmed myself.

“I am busy cleaning your shit,” I hiss under my breath. I am about to cut the call but I saw from my peripheral vision that the girl is curiously looking at my every move. Geez, I guess I have to buy some time by talking to my scum of a best friend.

“Bro, they are going to kill me! Help me!” Baldwyn pleads.

I sigh. Do I even have a choice? Where’s the other boys anyways? “Where are you? What have you done again?” I ask.

“I don’t know where exactly I am, but I’m here at Messier 74, and the thugs are following me. Bro, find me.”

Messier 74? The hell I know about that messier. I haven’t gone to that place either, so how will I know where I can find him? “I am not familiar with that place too. Why are you even in Messier 74?”

The girl must have heard what I said because she raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms while watching me.

“Xeno said it’s my next mission from the Society. Come on, bro. Ask someone who knows this place and find me while I am still breathing,” Wyn says dramatically.  

Look for someone who might know that place? I look at the girl at my side. She's a commoner right? So she might— Argh, No! I cannot ask for her help, not in our state. I close my eyes while hearing my friend’s frantic voice from the other line. I hate to admit it, but I don’t think I have a choice. I let out a very deep breath before composing myself. “What’s your landmark?”

“Uh... I saw this huge dome protestant church.”

“Okay wait for me there.” I say before ending the call.

I look at her and stare at her for a minute before blurting out the question that I think will solve my problem. I just hope I made the right decision.

--

I am now driving my car swiftly, passing every gate of the lower messier at this late hour. Instead of sleeping peacefully, here I am travelling to the other end of the country and acting heroic for my lost idiot friend.